Did You Name Your 1st Car?

by snowbird 31 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep - usually something like..........

"You crappy piece of useless junk........"

• flipper
    flipper

SNOWBIRD- Yeah I called it my , " 1971 Chevy Monte Carlo Making out car ! " LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Not my first car, but the first I bought new: a Chevy pick-up I have taken to calling "Rusty" (for obvious reasons).

• dinah
    dinah

My first car was a Celica and I named him Tom.

Ba dom dom

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I cant remember if I named it but I had a 1966 Buick Special - four door. Perfect for pioneering.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

My first car was a 1957 Chevy - tail fins and all. It was a 4-door, maroon car - that I later got decent doors for - which were a light green color.

It ran good - but no gal in her right mind wanted anything to do with me - or my car.

My car - I named her 'Dusty'.

One time I did some work under the hood - adding what I thought was a great thing - a light that had a switch inside the car. The next morning was 'field service', and I was driving down the road with a fella named Art, that liked to joke around a lot. I got to hearing a new noise coming from under the hood (I found out later it was my 'new light' rubbing against the hood). I vocalized, "What's that noise?" Art heard me and quipped, "Which one?"

Ahhh... the good 'ol days. That car was a rust-bucket, but it never left me anywhere.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

"F*cking Shitbox" comes to mind. It was a 1977 Volare station wagon, perfect for window cleaning and pioneering.

UGH. Time for a puke break.

W

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I named my first motorcycle Phoenix because I bought it from a salvage yard. Had it for a long time.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I couldn't think of a name for my first car ('88 Jeep) but she definitely did have lots of personality.

My friends nicknamed my '94 Honda Magna 750 motorcycle "The Barbie Harley" since it was an iridescent pearly lavender purplish color with green flames.

Had a PT Cruiser for a while and it was a piece of crap, broke down all the time, and was devoid of personality, so I figured it didn't deserve a name.

And now my daily driver is a '68 VW Bug named Kermit, because he's green and white. He's my dream car. I want to keep him forever.

• tec
    tec

Nope, sorry. I've never thought of an inanimate object as anything other than an inanimate object.

(My stuffed animals as a child do not count :)

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit