Did You Name Your 1st Car?

by snowbird 31 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I did.

It was a 1975 Nova hatchback; I named her Blossom.

I traded her in on a 1985 Nova which I named Gumby; I didn't like him.

Thanks for replying.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Come to think of it, that may have been a 1986 Nova.

Syl

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Yes, his name was Melborne. It was a blue Cavalier. My friends had cool cars and I had Melborne. My whole family started calling the car Melborne. We all smile when we talk about it now.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I did not name my first car, but it is 1974 White Mustang, 2 door car. ooops!

• St George of England
    St George of England

THUNDERCLAP

Wouldn't dare put the model, probably be recognised

George

• JWoods
    JWoods

This has come up several times on the Ferrari owners club site -- I would guess that probably 75% do not "name" their cars, or have a personalized license plate. (yes, maybe 25% do -)

The majority think that this is somehow just a little too cute or something...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't but my sister named her first car. It was a white 1968 mustang, she named it Roxanne.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It may be beneath the dignity of such a high-end car?

Do rich parents give their kids nicknames?

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I didn't.

BTS

• JWoods
    JWoods

A few do name their Ferraris, most do not. I think it may be a man/vs/woman thing as much as anything. We have very few woman Ferrari owners participating; maybe only 3 or 4 that I can think of. On curiosity is that most owners know their serial number by heart (or at least the last 5 digits) - we refer to the cars that way quite often. True custom-body Ferraris are sometimes called by the name of the original owner who commissioned them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit