Comment on Loneliness

by jgnat 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Spaznik, your comments read like a beautiful rant against injustice. I could read it again and again. I like your inclusion of concepts like shame, the "life sentence" quality of Witness shunning, and appropriate use of shunning. I, too, have shunned some people when they have gone too far. When having them in my life just means more pain, more harm, I walk away.

Choosing life, I agree with the insanity of shunning teenagers. Theirs is a vulnerable group, dependent on solid people to carry them through the chaotic years. If a Witness teen faces the spectre of shunning, they will shut up and carry their weakness/burden/failing alone. How terrible is that? All the more reason to delay baptism.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I experienced incredible loneliness and some real low points during my exiting the WTS and separating form my first Dub wife, I moved a few miles away and started a new job the first few months of living alone if I was to drop dead I felt I would have gone undiscovered for weeks and weeks, it seems a million years away now and thankfully my new life with a great wife and 3 kids solitude is never even an option. Loneliness can certainly be a killer

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Great thread. I love the quote in the OP.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Slimboyfat – I haven’t seen Schmidt. A modern take might be Up in the Air, much less bleak (I am betting) and starring George Clooney. A girl's gotta love that.

Yes, I have seen both, and About Schmidt is similar to Up in the Air. I prefered About Schmidt, but then I'm not a girl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit