How error entered the religious world

by hoj 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hoj
    hoj

Gender reversal? I'm not sure what you refer to. Notice that Eve was deceived and Adam partook without being deceived. Eve represents those receiving the message and Adam represents the teachers. Eve received error from the serpent rather than the word from Adam. Adam partook even though he knew better (or at least should have).

This allegory seems to be related to the sons of God going into the daughters of men. The sons of God would be represented in Adam. The daughters of men are those who have been indoctrinated with men's doctrines. The "sons of God" are partaking of those doctrines by becoming one through the spiritual intercourse (the two become one flesh). The result is they begat giants. There have been many "giants of the faith" through the years. They were born through that fornication with the message of error.

I heard that there was another story of another mate that Adam had. I think her name was Lylyth or something like that. She told Adam he couldn't always be on top; she wanted to be on top. That is another way of saying the same thing. She wanted to be teacher even though she should be a receiver of the word.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hoj I give you your fantasy!

Truthfully tho...I have found my fantasy of being a Sith Lord, far more satisfying, strenthening and envigorating than any belief in god that I have ever held.

• hoj
    hoj

Even if the garden account wasn't meant to mean what I understand it to say, the truth according to my interpretation can clearly be seen. There are problems with the literal reading of it, and every detail is meaningful when read as allegory.

Whose rules is it that we should read it literally anyway? Jesus spoke in parables and Paul said that some things from the law were allegory and even that Abraham and Sarah were allegory. In Proverbs it says that it is the glory of God to conceal a matter and the honor of kings to search it out. The whole Bible is allegory. If there is something that is only history, I would question whether it belongs in the Bible. Give the history to the historians.

• tec
    tec

No worries, Hoj. The meaning is far more important than whether the story is to be taken as literal or allegorical.

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The meaning is far more important than whether the story is to be taken as literal or allegorical.

Don't listen to talking snakes?

Don't beleive everything you hear?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I heard that there was another story of another mate that Adam had. I think her name was Lylyth or something like that. She told Adam he couldn't always be on top; she wanted to be on top. That is another way of saying the same thing. She wanted to be teacher even though she should be a receiver of the word.

Oh you mean Lilith:

In Jewish folkore Lilith is the name of Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and same earth as Adam. She leftAdam after she refused to become subservient to Adam and then would not return to the Garden of Eden after she mated witharchangel Samael. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

I think she was more woman than poor Adam could handle.

• tec
    tec

Don't listen to talking snakes?

Don't beleive everything you hear?

Both excellent lessons to learn, imo :) We should certainly run from talking snakes... unless our names are Harry.

I think the meaning I derive from the Adam and Eve story is that we chose to disobey and disbelieve God; we chose to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil; and all despite being warned about what would happen if we did so.

Yes, I know it was Adam and Eve. I'm just no so arrogant to think that I would have chosen differently in their shoes. Now, perhaps. With everything that mankind has been through. But back then? I think most people, living in another person's shoes from day one, would make most of the same significant choices.

Tammy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

we chose to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil; and all despite being warned about what would happen if we did so.

Sort of like the dilemma parents have raising children. You try to warn them and keep them safe from harm but kids have to grow up and live their own lives. Don't ya think? To me the Adam and Eve story is about a father trying to keeps his children safe but infantile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit