New Terminology

by SisoNoSiso 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gregor
    Gregor

I was also around when the report slip had a column for "Back Calls". It was then called a "Return Visit" when I left. My suggestion is a fishing term, like, go back and check the hook and see if the worm is soggy. But it needs to be put into a two word phrase...

• Terry
    Terry

So, what are "Shepherding Calls"?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Siso.

I don't think they've changed anything, but why not? RVs...return visits.... sounded like recreational vehicles to me all the time.

So much has changed lately. PO is now COBE....chairman of the body of elders.....quite a mouthful.

The book study is in with the other mid-week meetings, the WT study is shorter, I think, and no more groups in homes for the book study. This after years of saying how important it was to go to the Book Study as it might be the only place to worship when Khalls were closed in the great tribulation.

Maybe we could think of some new names for RVs...bother agains? stalking agains?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I think the new term is boomerang call you place the mags with the used to be householder now called the receiver and you exit as quickly as possible before the receiver tosses it at you hence the term boomerang. If you get away w/o being hit you can mark it on what is now referred to as your gluetrap and return for another what is now called a raid. This is all about detecting infiltration of what used to be apostates but is now referred to as carcasses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit