New Terminology

by SisoNoSiso 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• SisoNoSiso
    SisoNoSiso

I've heard that "return visit" has been replaced with another term. Is this true? If so, what is it?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I'll refer you to the answer you got on the Placed 6 magazines this morning thread where you asked this question.

• blondie
    blondie

It always amazes me when people start "I heard" and then ask people on JWN for confirmation of something they could have confirmed with the person they "heard" it from. I would suggest going back to your original source and get further information.

I read all the WTs, Awakes, and KMs and have seen nothing in print about this.

• Scott77
    Scott77

blondie ,

JWN has the power of 'know-it-all' or if not, it appears as such. Alot of guys and gals log in to update themselves with the WTS news. I think that is ironical in that instead of asking their families or check with the WTS official site, and perhaps going to the meetings to find out, they get new updates from here, a non-JW site.

• wannabefree
  • SisoNoSiso
    SisoNoSiso

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers with the question. Looks like I hit a nerve. I looked back at the original time I posted and I didn't notice any response directed to me.

As far as asking questions that could easily be verified by asking JW family, mine is hardly the first time this has happened on this forum. In fact, I thought that was, in part anyway, the whole point of this site; to discuss things that are on our minds, hopefully with people who are less judgmental and who honestly want to help others.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm wondering why you'd bump a thread that had been "dormant" for four years to ask your question, and then start a new thread to ask the same question.

By the way, I just read the link that Mythbuster posted, and for the record, the post immediately following yours was by wannabefree who also posted the same reply on this thread.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Scully, SisoNoSo has a grand total of three posts here. How 'bout cutting her some slack? Perhaps she is not familiar with posting on a board like this. Give her some time.

SissoNoSo, Welcome! Don't let the grouches here discourage you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good advice, Mad Dawg.

To answer the question, No, there is no change in the term "return visit" to my knowledge. They don't use "back calls" anymore, though.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

There's a lot of rumors in JWville about many things, and I tend to think that it's because they change terminology as often as a girl changes her undies, but no, I haven't heard anything about that particular one.

Personally, I think the terms change for the same reason that you had to have a different password every week to get into Hogwarts houses dormitories, they're checking to see who's keeping up with things. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit