New Terminology

by SisoNoSiso 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Don't let the grouches here discourage you.

Can I get an amen?

Syl

• SisoNoSiso
    SisoNoSiso

I am new. Thanks for the encouragement and I'll try to figure this thing out before I post next time. So far, I like what I see here. Great arguments and from many perspectives, all generally from those like me who were inside the WT for a fair stretch of time.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Did you know that "Return Visits" used to be called "Back Calls" before about 1968 or so?

• SisoNoSiso
    SisoNoSiso

Yep, remember 'em well. That's why I thought it was so funny now they had changed the name again. Even if they haven't yet, give them time. They'll find a reason to demonise anything.

• cattails
    cattails

Siso, as a newbie expect to be run through the mill,

made to walk a path of red embers and verbally abused

by the ol' timers who have nuttin' better than be ornery

to the un-initiated. It's just the way things seem to get

done here, don't take it personally. There's a lot of helpful

folks who'll give some good advice along the way if you

stick it out. Anyway, from one newbie to another, good

to have you asking questions in the forum, it's ok to ask

even if some think it a sin.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Yeah it has been changed, now its called "update visit", since they are always getting "new light" now the new excuse to go back is to update the householder on the new changes. :-)

• goldensky
    goldensky

Welcome to the board, SisoNoSiso!

Mad Dawg, Snowbird, Cattails:.

• Scott77
    Scott77

SisoNoSiso ,

Iam very glad to see you around here. You are more than welcome. Please, ask more questions even if they seem to be unreasonable or logical. Its great to ask. It does not hurt. Its through asking that one gets instant feedbacks. This is a far cry from the WTS elders who instead of answering critical questions, they mark the questioner as a 'doubting thomas.' I think, you now got the answer. Back calls for Return Visit or Update Calls. Right now, they have shepherding call/ visit for the sickle ones. Sometime, they may end up choosing Watering Call/ Visit, Encouraging Callls/Visit, Support call/visit, Study call/ visit. By and large, never underestimate the power of the WTS to choose new terminology. Its a peculiar trait they hav perfected over the years. Sigh

• undercover
    undercover

Aww, c'mon cattails, was I ever mean to you?

Welcome, siso. but CC is partly right, we do tend to trounce quickly on anyone who might be trolling. We get more than our share of trolls, so sometimes we're quick to try to sniff them out.

Time always tells so I say give people a chance until they prove themselves, so welcome again and share your story when you fee like it.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Scully - I think you owe SisoNoSiso an apology. She has a grand total of only eight postings on this board, which rather pales with your thirty thousand plus. Like the previous poster suggested, you should cut her some slack;and don't be such a bully.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit