Would Jesus have told us the devine name was lost?

by wannabe 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

Would Jesus have told us the devine name is lost?

Would you not agree that if anyone knew God's name correctly, it was Jesus? Would you not also agree that he knew the correct pronuniciation of his fathers Name? Since he chose the Twelve Apostles after a long night of prayer to his Father, would he not have taught the Twelve his Fathers name? Knowing that name as they would have, would they not have published that name far and wide? Would not any who associated with them come to know that name, and they too would carry it forth in their ministry? So reasonably, would not that name be known even hundreds of years after the last Apostle faded from the scene? Carried as it would be by Family to Family throughout each generation? True! Some would just love to see it lost! For one, satan the devil. All of his co-horts as well, that belong to the empire of Religious Christendom. You'll notice though when Religious Christendom is fighting to convince you, that you cannot know the devine name, because you do not know how it was properly pronounced. they make no bones, about the name of satan the devil. They know how to pronounce that name, with no problem at all. You'll never find them teaching anyone satan's name cannot be known. That's never an issue with them. They calmly and quietly accept his name, and no one really knows how his name was originally pronounced. They could not care less about that. But when it comes to the use of the King of Eternities name, the author of the Bible, they'll fight you to the death, and go to any extreme to convince you the form Jehovah is incorrect. Even though that name has been in use for many Centuries, and when used, everyone knows exactly who you are talking about. It has a currency and familiarity that everyone understands. Where if you use the term, "LORD!", Or "God!" No one really knows just who you are reffering to; because there are, as the Bible says: "Many Lord's and many god's. {1 Corinthians 8:5,6} Pick one! Who are you talking about? satan the devil maybe He`s a god! He`s a Lord.

In similar fashion with all of the Prophets; Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Zephaniah, Zechariah, many others, were not their original names in the Hebrew tongue; but no issue there. Why? They were not God, were they? No need to raise any fuss over them. satan had no real concern for them, but to persecute and murder them; because he was now god of the World, he didn't want any competition, so his reasoning would be: "Get them all to forget the divine name. Was Jehovah up on that? Oh yeah! He sure was!

27 "They think the dreams they tell one another will make my people forget my name, just as their fathers forgot my name through Baal worship." {Jeremiah 23:27 NIV}

We see our boy satan is involved, in this little escapade, but Jehovah is telling these ones who play down the use of his great name, that they are nothing but dreamers, whose dreams will never come true. At best, at some point in time, their dreams will turn into terrible, horrifying nightmares, and it will be all of their names that will end up lost and forgotten, but certainly never, ever, Jehovah's. Not according to these nexts words it will not; it will only be there's that are blotted out and perish.

"For you have upheld my right and my cause; you have sat on your throne, judging righteously. 5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name for ever and ever. 6 Endless ruin has overtaken the enemy, you have uprooted their cities; even the memory of them has perished." {Psalm 9:4-6 NIV} He does to them what they wanted for him. While his great name and memory remains for all eternity:

10 "Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you," says the LORD Almighty, "and I will accept no offering from your hands. 11 My name will be great among the nations, from the rising to the setting of the sun. In every place incense and pure offerings will be brought to my name, because my name will be great among the nations," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "But you profane it by saying of the Lord's table, 'It is defiled,' and of its food, 'It is contemptible."{Malachi 1`:10-12 NIV}

These ones who try to get others to forget God's marvelous name, had best find a way to thwart Jehovah's purpose for his own name, because he has other ideas about that, that somehow, as you might expect, conflicts with theirs.

Ezekiel will show you one of the conflicting ideas; a very serious one for these name forgetters:

6 "I will send fire on Magog and on those who live in safety in the coastlands, and they will know that I am the LORD. {JEHOVAH} 7 " 'I will make known my holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my holy name be profaned, and the nations will know that I the LORD {JEHOVAH} am the Holy One in Israel. 8 It is coming! It will surely take place, declares the Sovereign LORD. This is the day I have spoken of." {Ezekiel 39:6-8 NIV}

They are going to have to find a way of putting a gag on Jehovah; because his intention, as we might expect, is to have everyone living know his great name. That purpose will never change: As it was in Pharaoh's Day. {Exodus 9:16}

41 "Even for the foreigner who is not of Your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of Your name— 42 for they will hear of Your great name, mighty hand, and outstretched arm, and will come and pray toward this temple— 43 may You hear in heaven, Your dwelling place, and do according to all the foreigner asks You for. Then all the people on earth will know Your name, to fear You as Your people Israel do and know that this temple I have built is called by Your name. 44 When Your people go out to fight against their enemies, wherever You send them, and they pray to the LORD in the direction of the city You have chosen and the temple I have built for Your name."{1 Kings 8:40-44 NIV}

Those words, of course, tell us Jehovah's Name can be known and will be known. All Mankind will someday know the grand name of God. Not only will they know it, they will absolutely come to love that grand name. It will be called upon all living at some point in time, and if it is not, then you will not be one of God's people.

The Psalmist foretold, that people would not only know that name, they would also love that name:

9 "The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. 10 Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. 11 Sing praises to the LORD, enthroned in Zion; proclaim among the nations what he has done." {Psalm 9:9-11 NIV}

10 "Declare them guilty, O God! Let their intrigues be their downfall. Banish them for their many sins, for they have rebelled against you. 11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you. 12 For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield." {Psalm 5:10-12 NIV}

19 "We have become like those You never ruled over,
    those not called by Your name."
    {Isaiah 63:19 HCSB}

6 "I have revealed Your name to the men You gave Me from the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word." {John 17:6 HCSB}

26 "I made Your name known to them and will make it known, so the love You have loved Me with may be in them and I may be in them." {John 17:26 HCSB}

There's no two ways about it! The devine name, in spite of all attempts of Christendom's Religiougs Leaders to erase the authors name from his own Book; Jehovah has prepared his Book, in such a way that even was they to succeed in wiping it completely out of the Bible; the honest Bible student would be able to show, that the divine name in the original Hebrew writings was inserted over 7000 times; so Bible Translators condemn themselves, as do the Religious leaders, and all of followers by trying to tell others the divine name is quite lost. If it's lost it's because dishonest Bible trannslators have made certain it is by substituting the name of God, by capitilizing the word LORD, like that.

Now! If Jesus could make his Father's name known to all of his followers in the first Century, and we know that he did. He can certainly do so now from his heavenly glorified position in control of the Holy Spirit, as he is. Will the entire World have that name revealed to them? The sad truth is, No! Only the ones Jehovah gives to his Son will know for a certainty that name. They belonged to Jehovah! He turned them over to his Son. As we were told in John 17:6 They were also the only ones given the Truth. If you don't believe that Jesus cannot still reveal his Father's name, then it's time for you to read all the following scriptures and learn how that is done today. {John 14:15-17, 26} {John 16:13} {1 John 2:27} {1 Corinthians 2:10 - Do not sell the Holy Spirit short! Everything today is done by means of the Holy Spirit. If you do not understand that. That would mean you are not baptized by the Christ by means of Holy Spirit.

`Christendom`s Scholars will present their arguements as to why the divine nane cannot be known, because there`s no way of knowing how it was originally pronounced, and they will go on with a long line of garble, trying to prove it is quite lost. Jehovah has a few thoughts for these ones to ponder and meditate over. Delivered by the Apostle Paul:

19For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate." 20Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom,`` - 1 Corinthians 1:10-22 NIV¨-

How could all the Worldly Scholars of Christendom, tell you anything at all about God`s name- Jehovah tells us, they do not even know him? Jehovah views their Wisdom as nothing but foolishness, and shoves it aside; and so should we. They do not even know what they are talking about. Much less know anything about Jehovah`s name. Couple their Wisdom and knowledge together, you have just so much empty-headed reasonings. Why is it though individuals will fight so hard against the devine name? You would think a World containing so many who profess Christianity, would follow the example of Christ and the Apostles who loved the Father's name. Would do likewise. Why is it they do not?

Keep in mind satan is god of this World! He Blinds and misleads the entire earth. Not to forget, he's Jehovah's great adversary. {2 Ciorinthians 4:3,4} {1 John 5:19} {Revelation 12:9}

Couple all of that together with the words of Jehovah to satan in the Garden of Eden as he sentenced him. Jehovah there foretold a great hatred would go on between the seed of the Woman and satan's seed. We know the Christ was the promised seed of the Woman along with a secondary seed made up of his anointed Brothers; then too there was another seed, consisting of those who belonged to the Christ which made them the seed of Abraham, would had the hope for life on earth, not heavenly.

So, this entire World, consisting of satan's seed, would be at odds, with the seed of the Woman, and great hatred would be directed at the Woman's seed. All down through the Centuries. Where the seed of the Woman would be persecuted and murdered by satan's seed. {Galatians 3:16,29} {Revelation 12:17} {Revelation 7:1-4}

15 "I will put hostility between you and the woman,and between your seed and her seed. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel."{Genesis 3:15 HCSB} ¨- Galatiions 3:16 -

One can naturally expect, the seed of satan the devil, which is primarily contained within the Church's of Religious Christendom, would, because of this foretold hostility, between the two seeds, would like their Father the Devil would hate the devine name, and do all in their pôwer to expunge the creators name from his own Book. One needs only to examine the majority of Bible Translations used throughout the realm of Religious Christendom, to see the devine name has been almost removed from every one of them; and given enough time, that grand name would be removed from every single one of them.

What these Blinded Individuals fail to realise is, Jehovah will never forget his own name, and, as he has yesterday, so too today; he has a faithful people on this earth, that will fight just as hard to get others to remember that beautiful name, as Religious Christendom does to get others to forget it. Religious Christendom finds themselves in a losing battle!" Too bad they don`t know it, but then, they don`t many things about the Bible.

Without putting it into so many words Religious Christendom has told us, that Jesus has told them, his Father`s great name has been quite lost. Now that`s a bit of a stretch isn`t it?

I'm thinking that those who believe, and teach, that God's Name has been lost, are very suddenly going to get one awful memory jog from Jehovah. As he once again carries out the words he spoke to Moses: ... "And I will declare the name of Jehovah before you"... {Exodus 33:19} Wannabe

• designs
    designs

"Jesus" lost Jesus name..............if that Jewish man were in a crowd and you yelled the English name Jesus would he, or anyone, have turned around. Ok maybe to look at the guy yelling

Now if you lived in Bethlehem back then you could have hiked it down to the Negeb desert and mingled with the Jewish Scribes recording their ancient texts and had a look at what they were doing with the Divine Name. Now you can go to a Museum and find out or buy the book.

• cofty
    cofty

The gospel writers portray Jesus as a controversial teacher who was not afraid to challenge traditions. The gospels record a number of these incidents involving the sabbath, his attitude to women and his association with outcasts.

Interesting that there is not a single example of his upsetting the religious leaders by using the divine name. If it was such an important issue you would have thought he would have addressed it at least once?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wannabe..

Why would you write a post that long,without doing any research?..

It`s one,big,long post that say`s:

"I dont Have a Clue what I`m talking about..Shoot Me!.."

LOL!!..

The name Jehovah is a Translation Mistake..Made by a 14th century Catholic Monk..

Jesus would have "Never" used the name Jehovah.....EVER!!

It`s a Translation Mistake,made in the 14th Century!!..

Crazy 1

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why would you write a post that long,without doing any research?..

It`s one,big,long post that say`s:

"I dont Have a Clue what I`m talking about..Shoot Me!.."

#B LOL!!..

Too lazy to start a blog or his own message board where he can post his junk to ad nauseum?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

1) Not once in the gospels is Jesus portrayed as uttering the tetragrammaton.

2) The practice of reading the tetragrammaton aloud as 'adonay "Lord" was in place already several centuries before Jesus, as evidence from the Dead Sea Scrolls shows.

3) The practice of rendering the tetragrammaton as LORD in capitals imitates the practice in the LXX, the Greek OT. Paul shows quite clearly twice in Romans (among other places in his epistles) that he read kurios "Lord" where the MT has the tetragrammaton in the OT.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The Watchtower teaches that the Jehovah preserved the Bible accurately through the ages so we can rely on it completely as a guide for our lives. Except where evil agents of Satan managed to remove His own name in 7000 places. Or places were evidently it was supposed to say something else, in which case we can rely on the WTBS to fix it for us.

• read good books
    read good books

"The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel never used any personal name to distinguish Him from any peers because He had no peers. Therefore, no personal name was ever needed. The only name He gave for Himself was "I am," which indicated that He is to be identified with all existence. The Greek Septuagint Old Testament of 285BC never used any sacred name for God, nor was such ever mentioned by other ancient writers such as the Israelite historians, Philo, and Josephus, or the later Eusebius, or even the Jewish Aristeas the Exegete who wrote his commentary on the Greek Septuagint. The word did not appear in any Old Testament text until the Masoretic Text of 1000AD!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Watchtower teaches that the Jehovah preserved the Bible accurately through the ages so we can rely on it completely as a guide for our lives. .....JeffT

The Idiots that run the WBT$..

Have preserved and worshiped a 14th century translation mistake,made by a Catholic Monk..

Without the Catholics..

The WBT$ would not have a name for their God,or Religious Cult..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

Jesus prayed to his Father; spoke of his Father, and taught others to pray to their Father in heaven. Following his example, this is how I pray to God. By calling Him my Father.

Also, as Leo said, the tradition of using 'Adonay' when speaking the tetragrammaton was already in place. If Jesus suddenly changed that, I think we would have some specific writing or lesson on it.

We don't.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit