Would Jesus have told us the devine name was lost?

by wannabe 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

And since NONE of the other stuff asked about EVER HAPPENED, the logical conclusion is that Jesus either did NOT know God's name correctly or IT SIMPLY WASN'T IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO BOTHER WITH. - Mad Sweeney

Well said. This is what I tend toward as well. The meaning behind a person's name - are they loving, honest, just, merciful, forgiving - is important. Far more important than translation and pronunciation.

Oh... and hi back, NAC!

Tammy

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Or was there wisdom in saying, "our Father in the heavens", in that it was known if it might be changed or twisted. Then again did he say that or did he ever utter the true name?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Why did Jesus need to pray so hard and so long to converse with God (Himself)?

Jesus was, by nature, God, he could be nothing else since he was begotten of God.

Jesus was, by birth, human.

Jesus was "made lower" by choice and in limitig himself to be outside the perfect union with God, he prayed as we did/do, he suffered as we did/do and he was lonly as we are.

Whether you agree or believe in the Trinity doctrine is irrelevant, IF you believe that Jesus was the only son of God, beggoten and not created then Jesus was, by nature, God.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

When asked how we shoudl pary to God, God's ONLY SON said pray to "Our Father".

You'd think that would mean something to ALL Christians.

• QuestForThruth
    QuestForThruth

I don`t have the biblical verse in mind(and sorry for my english)

Jesus/Eashoa/Yahshua or Yahuwshua

even the prophet talk about that

Jesus mean Jehovah(Yahweh/Yahuwah) is Salvation

and when he will return is name will change for Jehovah is justice,its not complicated if you know the meaning of "Jesus" He have a "name above all names" and it is not a Trinity.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think you mean this passage:

And they will Call Him Immanuel - God is with Us.

From Isaiah.

It is a very telling passage, that Jesus would be called "GOD WITH US", interesting eh?

As for Jesus's Hebrew name, it was probably Joshua or Yoshua or any of the other was to say it.

Of Course the ONLY place where God's "Name" appears in the NT is in Revelation in the form of halleluJAH.

• QuestForThruth
    QuestForThruth

Jeremiah 23:6 {6} In His days Yahudah will be saved and Yisra'el will dwell safely. Now this is His name by which He will be called: YAHUWAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

In my old French Jerusalem Bible its say "Yahweh our Justice"

and even the catholic theologian say in the commentaries that it is the symbolical name for the messiah.

God name in the new testament?

Peshitta Link

MattithYahuw (Matthew)

Yahuchanan (John)

on internet you always have the debate that Jesus=Jehovah,Maryah for the people who don`t want to understand the meaning of name.

Even the Father name have a signification.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Didn`t the" Aid to Bible Understanding "book first edition ,under the heading JEHOVAH,acknowledge that the first recorded name of Jehovah in english was by a german catholic monk???,however they conceded that the more accurate pronunciation of the divine name would be something like Yahweh or a similar equivalent.Their adopting of Jehovah as the name for God today was because it was the most accepted and popular name in use of that day, And remember this was centuries ago .( I now ask the question by who?? Answer by the bible scholars and theologians of christendom who Jehovah`s Witnesses despise as agents of the god of this system of things Satan the devil) I rest my case

smiddy

• QuestForThruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit