Is having "Faith" believing in something without proof? Definitions?

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Faith, as with everything, is twisted and misunderstood by many.

I have 'faith' God exists- based on what I have learned thru science. This leads to verification of the Bible as True. (Not what CHURCHianity says it teaches!)

• not a captive
    not a captive

MadJ,

Don't you know that you yourself read the Bible through your own lens of Faith? Surely of Jehovah's Witnesses you know that you are not strictly compliant with their rules. Neither was I. What is the difference? I couldn't pretend in the end that the WTS had the "proofs" for my faith. They obviously do not hold the proofs for yours or else you would scrupulously observe all they demand. Outward compliance was demanded of me. But the heart is for God. If we do otherwise then we really are hypocrites. Why if you don't go along with them do you pretend that they are all they say? They do not brook your kind of disobedience--They did not tolerate mine.

I do not rely only on science for my faith. And anymore I am leary of being caught in the endless doctrine wars that, under the appearance of learning , never really allow any to come to an understanding.

No one is any the better off having a religion tell them what to "believe". How long do their members get to believe one thing before they have to get some different, new understanding? This is nonsense. You are as well to learn without the burden of having to accept a priory whatever you are told regardless of whether it measures us with your understanding or not.

MadJ, you have some things that you believe apart from the WTS. You obviously do not obey the WTS protocols on mixing and talking to apostates.(I'm glad you do talk to us, but that's beside the point). But why are you not seeing that there is a deeper faith we must have with God and one less constrained by other human's doctrines? You had the sense to leave the RC Church, but you do not follow the rules of the one you are in.

No offense intended, Just observing

• Titus
    Titus

MadJW, what it means "CHURCHianity"? You sound like Pastor Russell. I am sorry for digression, but who are you? Apologist of ORGANIZATIONianity?

• wobble
    wobble

If you believe something, (have faith) you do not need proof.

If you have proof you do not need faith.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Very profound. Moshe!-

"Soldiers volunteering for suicide mission have faith they will be the one to come back alive. Wars couldn't be fought and religions wouldn't survive without faith" So, since wars are NOT from Christ- the 'faith' that fuels them isn't, either.

Titus, you may not believe this, but "CHURCHianity" is a word I picked up from reading different sites about religion- maybe even one of the endless Discussion Boards I frequent. "Churchoids" is mine; for I refuse to call those who teach and live contrary to Christ "Christian"!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

SO you are a churchoid madJW?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

MadJW said:

Demonstration of realities that can't BE seen; science has MANY such examples.

"Faith" in churchese, means to believe whatever you're told...

My reply:
    Wow, that is exactly what JWs do!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Faith is what we have when we beleive in something BASED on REASON though we may not have "enough" or "all" the evidence to make that belief "fact".

• Caedes
    Caedes

A belief in things outside of science?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You have proof your alive and concious, you see the sun the moon and the stars, you see nature.

Depending on how your wired and your agenda that is either proof there is a god or proof there is no God.

There is inteligent life on earth, that is proof of and intelligent God.

Or to some its proof there is no God.

Its the yin and the yang.

Either you are a positive charge or a negative charge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit