Is having "Faith" believing in something without proof? Definitions?

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

You as a person, an individual, an entity with IDENTITY only truly exist if your rational, active, analytical mind imposes itself.

You can get ten different chefs cooking with the same recipe and each will impose their own identifying touch.

You can get ten different classical pianists to play the same Chopin etude and each will impose their own interpretative cachet.

Why does this happen and how?

What is uniquely human is deconstruction followed by reconstruction. We take things IN, process , analyze, filter, test, connect the dots with what we already know and reassemble the pieces. As things pass through our consciousness we COMBINE with what we come in contact with in an additive or subtactive way.

What does all of this have to do with FAITH???

Just this: FAITH is ceasing to exist as a unique, thinking, rational, analytical, deconstructive/reconstuctive interpretive individual.

Instead, you simply accept what is given without engaging the uniquely interpretive part of yourself that is YOU.

Why? You aren't part of the process. You are just a pipe allowing a "given" to pass through.

Faith says "So be it." And the mind sits like a doorstop in neutral.

The "YOU" in You have Faith simply doesn't matter.

Anybody who can shut down the uniquely human identity that makes them who they are has become the perfect Believer.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I think it depends what you mean by Faith but at the end of the day if someone I trust tells me something I would be inclined to accept it on their word and without corroborating evidence. I demonstrate faith in them (I am not saying that is necessarily wise or that I would do it in all circumstances depending on what was at stake).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit