Going clear: Scientology

by James Mixon 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    What are the option for watching it? I don't have cable. Only online streaming.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

There are repeats scheduled so I've got it set to record. Maybe it will be released on dvd later.

My husband caught the last few minutes last night and said It's just like the Witnesses!

Marina

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

StarTrekAngel: I hope someone can help you, it is a eye opening

documentary. Ron Hubbard was a nut case..

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

How powerful are they, they fought the IRS and the IRS folded

under pressure from this group. We are talking about billions of

dollars owed to the IRS. They sued 24 people in the IRS, you have to love it.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

There was not a whole lot in the documentary that I have not read on this forum first. A few things I did find interesting ......

• The amount of money they are worth compared to their membership is jaw dropping.
    • They mentioned that Scientology is really a study into the mind of Hubbard and Hubbard was basically a cartoon writer. His religion came from his space themed comic books... 75million years ago Xenu froze people and dumped them in volcanoes.......
    • When you misbehaved on Sea Org you were thrown overboard (I thought having your name read at the service meeting was embarrassing)

Even though the documentary offered few new tidbits for us to glean from, the show seems to have set off a fire storm for many others. I am very much enjoying all the "SHOCKED" twitters.

• cappytan
    cappytan

StarTrekAngel: I'm sure you can torrent it, if that's how you roll.

Disclaimer: This post should not be construed as an encouragement of piracy. You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a baby. You wouldn't shoot a policeman and then steal his helmet. You wouldn't go to the toilet in his helmet and then send it to the policeman's grieving widow and then steal it again. Downloading films is stealing. If you do it, you will face the consequences.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are similarities between the JWS and Scientology to be realized.

They both lure people to their organizations by literature publications openly toward the public. They both do a slow and gradual indoctrination or study sessions by individuals who are already deeply mentally indoctrinated and by using the books the organization have previously published to assist in the indoctrination process.

Much of the money the SC. makes came from literature sales started originally by L Ron Hubbard's book Dianetics.

Dianetics as a practice is been evaluated as a pseudoscience combined with a form of psychotherapy.

How this organization lures people, even happy content children and exploit them for labor and money is truly disgusting and corrupt to say the least.

Similar to the exploitation and manipulation the WTS conducts on its own mentally indoctrinated slaves.

The SC. even designated itself as religion so that it can doge being taxed in the United States.

The ending story is about mental control, exploitation, manipulation power and money .

• undercover
    undercover
    Scientology is just absurd. I mean you build a religion based on bad science fiction?

And talking snakes, virgin births, and bringing dead people back to life isn't absurd?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    @cappytan... lol... love the quote from the IT crowd. My favorite show to date.
  • Dagney
    Dagney
    Tom Cruise is spooky scary quano crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit