Why FAITH is actually a form of suicide

by Terry 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

I once heard a psychiatrist explain suicide as the ultimate act of self-preservation. Sound weird?

Counter-intuitive as that sounds, he went on to explain why.

When all you value in life is threatened you do whatever desperate act that will preserve that value.

Destruction of self stops the ......process.....of consciously LOSING. You skip the process and cheat the loss. (Or, more precisely, the perception of loss.)

Sort of like this: "You can't fire me--I quit!"

This preserves one's dignity and autonomy in the face of an insuperable event.

Who are you? What is your "self"?

The individual YOU is all that is unique to your identity as opposed to being the same as everybody else.

The teenager strives for freedom from being THE SAME as the family.

The destruction of the "old" self and the becoming of the "new" self is a normal human growth process.

The INDIVIDUAL is not the same as the group in unique ways, thoughts, behaviors and this allows society to progress from a stale stasis toward innovations which transcend boundries.

What about the opposite of becoming a unique individual?

What if one, because of fear of losing all that one values in life, gave up their claim to being an individual and sought preservation by ANONYMITY by being absorbed into a group collective?

Destruction of what is unique about you is a form of sucide because it involves loss of the essential 'SELF".

How would this happen?

IF you will yourself into destroying your only access to reality. You KILL your rational mind.

Your rational mind demands that no contradiction exists between the real world and your thoughts. Everything must match!

When the rational (non-contradictory) mind is abandoned---what remains?

This leaves you with a superstitious mind. The superstitious mind embraces contradictions and will cling to any BELIEF which

produces a feeling of wonder, awe, comfort or excitement.

Some people call the superstitious mind SPIRITUALITY because it sounds more reverent!

So, why do I say FAITH IS A FORM OF SUICIDE?

If you don't believe Faith is rational suicide just try having a rational conversation with a true believer!

They will twist and turn and tie logic in a knot wiggling away from facing any fact which destroys their fundamental delusion!

When the rational mind dies the self dies with it.

SUICIDE is killing your "self."

Faith is the acceptance of something without requiring proof oF non-contradiction.

How do we know a person of FAITH and BELIEF has killed their "self"?

They will smile while telling you how they are worthless sinners and corrupt wretches from birth who are willing slaves to faith.

They have the Truth! They are a brotherhood. They are part of an important universal work. They are a component of a greater goodness or

awareness (they'll claim.)

They derive their VALUE by the opinion of the group. In and Of themselves they HAVE NO INDIVIDUAL VALUE!

A SELF without value is no self at all. When the individual is absorbed the self is gone.

Baptism is burial ritual of the "old self". A ritual that celebrates the suicide of the self is proof of a delusion. It is called a SELF-delusion.

Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate and rejoice in HAVING NO MIND OF THEIR OWN. They cannot think for themselves because it is an act of DISLOYALTY. To whom? The substitute "self", the Governing Body which is a parasite replacing their identity.

The COLLECTIVE "self" can only replace the actual self by suicide in embracing FAITH over rational access to reality.

A JW has value only when they comply with the orders of the collective and stay busy like ants or bees doing the bidding of the hive activity.

Their "faith" has replaced individuality and what was once human, artistic and creative has died.

They may look like the person you use to know--but, they have been replaced by a suicide victim who is a doppleganger.

See: CAPGRAS SYNDROME

• Terry
    Terry
    The Capgras delusion (or Capgras syndrome) is a disorder in which a person holds a delusion that a friend, spouse, parent or other close family member, has been replaced by an identical-looking impostor. The Capgras delusion is classed as a delusional misidentification syndrome, a class of delusional beliefs that involves the misidentification of people, places or objects

Jehovah's Witnesses suffer a form of Capgras Delusion because they view the world of mankind in a delusional way: the worldwide conspiracy of Satan!

People aren't just people any longer. They are players in a clash between heavenly forces and demonic slavery!

A disfellowshipped person is no longer their friend or brother or sister. They now see an IMPOSTER who is apostate and a servant of Satan!

Once the individual is absorbed into a "group-think" the rational ability to see ordinary humans for what they are is stolen from them and replaced by a delusional non-perception (which only a rational mind could correct.)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You mean blind faith, right?

• leavingwt
  • Terry
    Terry
    You mean blind faith, right?

FAITH is blind.

Why?

A rational mind uses all the senses to perceive the actual world.

The rational mind demands a one to one correspondence with things that are heard, seen, felt, smelled, and tasted.

An irrational (i.e. superstitious or spiritual) mind does not have a standard of ACTUAL PROOF.

No one on one correspondence of reality and thinking is any longer necessary!

You simply take what you are told and BELIEVE IT just AS THOUGH it was already proved as a reality!

You disable the burglar alarm to your brain. Any cult can come in and steal your life with a story that sounds good!

BLIND FAITH is redunant.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have faith in my doctor when he writes me a prescription for my kids.

I have faith in my welders when they weld a job and I am not on top opf them "24/7".

I have faith in my wifes driving skills when she takes the kids for a drive.

Etc, etc.

• Terry
    Terry

I have faith in my doctor when he writes me a prescription for my kids.

I have faith in my welders when they weld a job and I am not on top opf them "24/7".

I have faith in my wifes driving skills when she takes the kids for a drive.

Etc, etc.

Nice try!

Substitute the word "confidence" for the word "faith" and you've got it accurate.

FAITH can only apply to the unseen and the unprovable.

What you have confidence in from prior experience and personal interaction on a one to one (real world) basis is different

from mere assertions of the existence of invisible "truths" asserted.

Faith is the assured expectation

of things hoped for

the evident demonstration (introduces a contradiction with the line that follows you'll notice!) of realities THOUGH NOT BEHELD.

A lovely example of a totally meaningless SPIRITUAL truth full of self-contradiction and strong on positive assertion of nonsense!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I knew this thread was coming:

FAITH IS A FORM OF SUICIDE

I have been resurrected!

Thank God.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

This all struck me like a sci fi horror movie the gb is an alien parasite that infects humans slowly so they don't realize whats happening but as time goes by they begin viewing humans as enemies who are out to get them even their former friends and family. so that when the mothership arrives to destroy the planet they are willing accomplices cheering the destruction of humanity no longer humans themselves they take over the planet install a new society and wipe out all evidence of the former inhabitants.

• donny
    donny

Quit talking logic Terry, it's messing with my mind!!

Donny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit