Is the GB setting up to dump 1914?

by karter 57 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

With the "Generation change" and them changing it all the time it would make sence to dump it all togeather.

Lets face it ,it can be disproved easly.

They dumped 1975 in a heart beat .

This would buy them all the time they wanted as they would just find another date to start the generation from IE: "The U.N year of peace and sercurty'',1986 i belive or whatever else they could think of.

They could sell it to the R&F as easly as they sold 1975,then dumped it when it did'nt happen .

Anyone questioning them would be told they are running ahead of Jehovah or lacking faith in his earthly org that feeds us food at the proper time .

What do you think?

Karter.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

They CAN"T dump 1914, it will invalidate almost EVERY statement and claim they ever made. That's also why they are so blind.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

No I agree they cant dump that one...its too prominent a feature in their whole doctrine...they must be really struggling though...

Loz x

• yknot
    yknot

If they outright eliminate 1914.....

They also eliminate the 1918 inspection.....

And that would mean no 1919 appointment.......

No appointment means no authority!

Nah, they ain't dumping it! .......

BUT

I would expect to see a burying of 1914 by ceasing further talks or articles referencing the myth directly......replaced by WTS jargon and buzz-phrases

Slowly drifting from the minds of older ones and not instilling it in the newbies....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I don't think most JWs are really that aware of the whole 1918, 1919 concept. 1914 could be phased out over time without too much of an issue. Almost 50% of Americans think the second coming is about to occur without any specific reason for why it should just happen to be now, even though people have already waited 2000 years for it. Eventually JWs will be just like other religions that focus on some other unique point of difference. It is easy enough for them to say they are the only true religion because they don't worship a Trinity.

• aniron
    aniron

As said by "JWfacts" many of them these days would have a hard job explaining the 1914 date, and its signifigance.

Though would be interesting if they did and what their explanation for doing so would be.

As the book "Captives to a Concept" shows their whole basis of authority is centred on the 1914-1919 dates.

Not believing in the Trinity , doesn't make you the true religion.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Although 1919 is the basis of their authority they don't need it. Most other religions just appear and get followers without any such basis. Logic is not needed to get a following, just faith. Christadelphian's say there have always been Christadelphians representing true Christianity even though they are a 19th century group and the Watchtower already makes similar claims that they could fall back on.

Not believing in the Trinity , doesn't make you the true religion.

Agreed, but it is an important issue in many JW minds. Each religion needs to promote to a reason why it should be followed instead of some other religion. The Watchtower has a few points they draw on for why they are the true religion - not going to war and not worshiping a trinity are two of the prominent ones.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I am sure they could come up with some other crappy prophesy and some odd numbers and codes.. maybe from the da vinci code this time and they will come to 2012 as the 2 coming of Jesus and now he sees the new GB as fit and according to Ezekiel and Daniel and Isaiah and Freddy and Charles and The Judge blah blah blah. In no time they could come up with another wacko date. And the R&F wouldnt even notice.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

They'll just refer to 1914 less and less in publications over the coming years. They're just trying to pre-empt any mutterings of discontent in 2014 (which is an insignificant year anyway but may cause some to reflect).

MMXIV

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The new generation explaination (Contemporaries) shows to me that they want to keep 1914 at all cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit