Is the GB setting up to dump 1914?

by karter 57 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

In lite of the 1975 video i think 1914 is up for being removed over time.

Karter.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor
    I never knew about Jesus choosing the WT in 1919 until I left and joined this site. I guarantee that 99% of my old congregation wouldn't know all of the significance of 1914. If they did drop it they'd still go along with the GB. None of my old JW acquaintances or family connect 1914 with the GB having authority. As far as they're concerned Jesus communicates through Stephen Lett, Tony Morris, Jeffrey Jackson and co and that's all there is to it.
  • zeb
    zeb

dump 1914 and they blow themselves out of the water.

Read "The Gentile Times Reconsidered" x Jonnson. this guy an elder thought something didn't click right he investigated to great depth wrote to the gb and was trashed. Please read his book.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They dropped the 1914 and 1918/1919 allready invisible...

They don't mention it and during meetings you never hear those dates.

The same with paradise earth. I don't hear it often.

G.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    When I first heard about the 1975 assembly part. I thought they may of been prepping the R&F for a termination or heavily revised 1914 date. But as someone said if the drop the 1914 date it would be game over. I think it could be a compromise between the 2 of just stop mentioning it and hopefully it will be forgotten. If they know what is good for them they will be trying to distance themselves from it before they are forced too.
  • Listener
    Listener

The revised NWT has a timeline of some significant dates, such as the year Jesus was baptized and the year he died. The only mention of 1914 was a general 'about 1914' Satan was hurled from heaven'.

It's not impossible for the Watchtower to remove the significance of 1914, or at least part of its significance. They managed to do it, more or less, successfully in relation to 1874. 1874 was originally based on it being 6,000 years since the creation of Adam. In 1943 they decided that the calculation to get to 1874 was wrong and out by 100 years, then later on (or possibly before?), out by another 1 year. In the late 1960s attention was drawn to the year 1975 as being 6,000 years since the creation of Adam.

Recycle and republish, without too much effort into reapplying prophecies and 1914 becomes 1975 and the whole cycle starts over again.

The original countdown on 'this generation' starts all over again with us being deep into the generation who saw 1975.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the watchtower will simply--very quietly--say something about new light and make 1914 go away. i doubt if many dubs will even notice. unless they read this forum !

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

If 1914 remained as start of Gods Kingdom in the JW calculation of times, this could be soon explained as if we already since then lived in the 1000 year millenium. Christ is already king since 1914 anyhow! The endtime and Armageddon-speculations would loose weight and the dogmas could be explained partly symbolical or shifted to the maximal end of that millenium as last war or period of trials between Satan and Jesus, in which with a bible study and support of gods organisation survival was possible.

In the view of the world JW became mainstream, get rid of the doomsday smell and all JW get more relaxed.

Wouldnt it be exciting to hear that we already lived in year 103 of Christs millenium (103 Anno millenium) instead of merely his nebulous heavenly kingdom ruling? This would also explain the large growth in the last 100 years and the future legal successes at courts to establilsh the religion as public institution. There is an earthly blessing happening already now!!!! Even Bro.Franz was happy to live longer than 1975.

Further would not the growing number of partakers speak volumes and support the idea that such a happening is only possible because we lived already now in a very blessed time of the millenium, in which already now the pouring out of spirit is really great, where princes of peace can be announted and look forward to a heavenly career as kings besides Jesus? The elder arrangement would become more important.

We could already begin now to build houses and have occupancy and thank Jehovah for this time of peace of the prince of peace. And slowly the process will come true, that God may be all things to everyone.

Without speculating 1914+1000 is the maximum prolongation of the endtimes, a large overlapping "generation"*1) that would end only 2914 (1000 A.M. anno mill.)

Footnote

1) "generation" = the generation of milleniumists, who all lived to see togehter the happenings during the same symbolic "DAY" of 1000 years Millenium (1000 years is one day ). Therefore they can be called a generation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit