Is this for real?

by AK - Jeff 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

haha... I think I'll go and tell em I'm from Scotland and wear a kilt...

• JWoods
    JWoods

I have to say it again - when I first saw the picture in the original post, I would have bet any amount of money that this was a brilliant satirical photo-shop making fun of what mindless nerds the JWs really are.

Now I saw the 2-year old thread somebody pulled back up with this very stuff...

UNBELIEVABLE. Somewhere between the Heaven's Gate website and that Donald Sutherland movie about the seed-pod people.

• undercover
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Is he pointing at my green crocs?

• undercover
    undercover

No, your dress...

• sacolton
    sacolton

What's wrong with a red dress and green crocs? Too Christmasy?

• Girlie
    Girlie

LOL @ UC. Make sure to wear it on a windy day.

I shudder at the thought of the many crappy trips I took to Brooklyn and Patterson Bethels. A full weekend wasted on observing their crappy machinery and empty rooms like Outlaw stated. I even took pictures of the various rooms we toured (pictures are now lying in some area landfill). The only one I did enjoy was the Canadian Bethel and that was because it was just one day of touring the facility and the rest of the time was spent on more fun pursuits like riding on the Maiden Mist. That was also my very last trip to any Bethel.

• sir82
    sir82

Is there anything in JW-dom more like "The Emperor's New Clothes" than touring Bethel and swooning over machinery?

"Lookit that Ma! A giant warshin' machine!"

"Lawd a-mighty, that's one big roll of paper!"

"Well would you look at that! Cartons and cartons of.......magazines!!!!!!!!!!!"

• sacolton
    sacolton

"Gaaaaaaaawwwwwlly Jeepers, an empty room!"

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I swear, JWs treat all the 'Bethel' offices like it's taking a tour of the freakin Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon! IT's so pathetic. Taking a tour of these places that really didn't impress me, sitting in a cafeteria where the workers ran around like SLAVES in dress clothes, being ULTRA respectful to those 'heads' of depts who you may have happened to run into in the hallways (and some sisters damn near crying over shaking his hand), the TALK-long prayers before and after meals, having to wear a skirt NO MATTER WHAT or else you are considered inappropriate, all the corny ooooooohs and aaaaaaahhhhs over dumb ish.

As my girl Whitney says:

HELL TO THE NO!

I had a 'friend' (trifflin as she was) that dated this Bethelite from Patterson. That fool thought he was filet mignon - when actually he was lower then the GREASE from frying Steak-Ums! He would dictate to her how she could/couldn't DRESS when coming to visit him...and then he would try to critique us (her girls) that came along to hang out with them! Dude went so far as to tell her IN FRONT OF OF US, that she could not use tampons because he didn't want anything up 'there' until they were married. What the?????????????? He would try to school everyone on Bethel behavior and how some of us didn't represent Jehovah in the finest manner. Mind you we were all baptized, she was a pioneer, and adults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit