Is this for real?

by AK - Jeff 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

How can anyone be against this atire?

• donny
    donny

I think a bunch of us ol' geezers should show up wearing a thong swimsuit and no shirt and flip flops. Let's get a group together.

• sir82
    sir82

Does anybody know which GB member has such an enormous rod wedged into his nether regions that "dress and grooming like an extra from Ozzie and Harriet" is such a god-a-mighty important issue?

It's not just this brochure. It's the now twice-a-year reminder in the KMs about the "importance" of wearing ID badges and avoiding jeans & shorts after DC sessions as well, not to mention constant bleatings at CAs and DCs about avoiding "worldly" trends....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You have to get all dressed up..

To look at a printing press and empty rooms..

Yippedy-Skippedy-Doo!!..

Lets all dress up..

To see where they print..

Watchtower Poo!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

And what's with women having to wear skirts ???

• fokyc
    fokyc

Yes this was brought up 2 years ago here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/155042/1/Dress-Grooming-for-visiting-Bethel-scans-inside11-LOL

It is quite unbelievable.

Our elders don't even clean their shoes for items on the platform.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Pay extra attention to the phrase:

WHEN VISITING BETHEL, DRESS AS IF ATTENDING A MEETING FOR WORSHIP

To visit a printing corporation???!!!!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    OK, please - can we let go of this joke now?
    SURELY this cannot be real...

Please?

I wish it wasn't JWoods. But it appears to be real.

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to take my ex and her "bible studies" up to the Canadian bethel for tours and lunch fairly often. I never minded because it was easy timeā„¢ and a good (but strange) lunch. What really used to tick me off was having 2 prayers at lunch time. What normal person or group of people suddenly leap to their feet halfway through a meal, with mouths full, to say a prayer?

Wearing a suit didn't bother me nearly as much as the lunchtime insanity.

W

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

This came out while I was at Bethel - a lot of people in the congregations I knew laughed at it, some Bethelites sniggered at it - but on the whole, the Bethelites rejoiced as our ever gracious and generous God shed new light upon modern-day dress, that we might walk the way of holiness in a depraved world

PP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit