Do you still believe in the doctrines of the Watchtower

by SAHARA 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

What a person BELIEVES is of no consequence except to give somebody else who doesn't agree a phoney pretext for alienating them.

When we start talking about matters of "faith" we are really talking about who is better, me or you; who is right--me or you?

It starts a fight where no fight is necessary.

Everybody has something in their life that is awful and disgusting no matter what virtues they claim to admire.

Faith and Belief are crutches and not virtues. They start fights and keep people apart by creating phoney divisions.

Cowards BELIEVE in things.

• sacolton
    sacolton

What seems to be missing from the Watchtower's doctrines ...

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.Amen.
    KJV
    and the Apostles did just that:
    Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    KJV

Acts 3:6

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
    KJV
    Acts 4:10

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    KJV
    Acts 5:42

42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
    KJV
    Acts 8:12

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
    KJV
    Acts 9:27

27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus .
    KJV
    Acts 16:18

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
    KJV
    Acts 26:9

9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.
    KJV
    Keep in mind:

Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved .
    KJV

• flipper
    flipper

I don't believe in the doctrines of the WT society or ANY organized religion. I feel religion is mainly there to control masses of people. If there is a God- I think he wants us to figure things out and use our critical thinking ability

• Mary
    Mary
    blondie, I didn't know that. I seem to recall conversations that dinosaur bones were made by Satan to confuse us (to prove the earth wasn't as old as carbon dating shows).

They've always had no problem accepting that the earth itself could be billions of years old, but that creation itself is only thousands of years old.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I believe in a God and a Goddess.

I do not believe in anything the WTS has come up with.

I do not believe in the Bible as more than just literature full of metaphores to make one think about life.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only thing I actually believe is that BCE and CE are technically correct rather than BC and AD. However, because BC and AD are more commonly used in the world, I still use BC and AD most of the time.

• Heaven
    Heaven

What Mr. Flipper said.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When we die we become dust again. Technically not unique to JW's though. It's a fact of life, death. I believe that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit