Do you still believe in the doctrines of the Watchtower

by SAHARA 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

Man, I did it again in messing up my post. Anyway, after reading many EXJW responses to questions from posters, I see there is a wide variety of opinions on Faith and Religion in general such as still believing that there is a God to no belief in God at all. For those of you who still believe that there is a God, I'd like to know whether or not you still believe in the doctrines of the Watchtower, but you just don't believe that it is Gods "only true religion"?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Yes, I believe in the Triune God. No, I don't believe in the WatchTower Society. I believe that Satan is the God of the WatchTower.

StAnn

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

No, the Bible pretty much teaches that Christ is God, that people who accept Christ as their God are going to have a heavenly afterlife, that there's a "soul". I don't think that there's no biblical taboos against any kind of sex except for beastiality, pedophilia, incest, religiously oriented prostitution or marital unfaithfulness, in spite of the WTS labeling every kind of sex aside from straight vaginal sex between marrieds as EVIL.

I'm trying to think of one thing that the Witnesses teach that is totally and utterly Biblical, and frankly...I can't. That doesn't mean I agree with every teaching of every religion in Christianity, either, but most of the mainstream faiths are closer than Witnesses.

Whether you accept the Bible as total and literal truth seems to be the bone of contention among most other Christians...I don't, so that would put me in disagreement with some, but I don't find the Bible totally invalid either, and I'm not an atheist.

• ssn587
    ssn587

The only doctrine i seen from the dubs is one of believe in us and nothing else and no I don't believe in them.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I believe one WT doctrine: Religion is a Snare and a Racket.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Do I believe that Jesus is/was Michael, the Archangel? No.

Do I believe that Jesus was created? No.

Do I believe that Jesus did not resurrect in the flesh, but as a spirit? No.

Do I believe that Jesus is "a god"? No.

Do I believe that only 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses are destined to rule with Christ in Heaven? No.

Do I believe that salvation comes from belonging to the Watchtower and doing works? No.

Do I believe that giving or receiving blood loses my salvation and destroys my relationship with God? No.

Do I believe that the Watchtower was chosen by Jesus "invisibly" in 1918? No.

Do I believe that Jesus Christ took His heavenly throne in 1914? No.

Do I believe the earth is only 6,000 years young? No.

Do I believe there's a "paradise earth" for Jehovah's Witnesses? No.

Do I believe God or Jesus is going to destroy billions of non-Jehovah's Witnesses at Armageddon? No.

Do I believe the Watchtower is has the "truth" and is God's organization on earth? No.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

In reality, if I did still believe WT doctrines after leaving, then I would have to quit believing them in a few years - because they will most certainly change. If a person left in the 50's but still believed WT doctrines after they left- now in 2010 they would be alone in their religion because WT doesn't teach those things anymore.

• Terry
    Terry

Here are two men standing beside each other dressed exactly the same.

In fact, they look the same because they are identical twins.

Except....

one of the twins believes in God and the other is an atheist.

Which one is the believer and which one is the Atheist?

Oh wait! You can't tell what the contents of their thoughts are...can you? No.

Well....

One of them takes care of his sick mother and gives to charity and is a hospice worker but has a bad gambling habit and cheats on his wife.

The other one lives at home with his mother and plays video games all day even though he is 31 years old. But, he is honest to a fault and keeps his room clean.

Which one is the believer and which one is the Atheist?

Still can't tell?

Then, think about it some more.....

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Not at all! Where in the Bible does it say the 144,000 ARE Annoited?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I believe in the ones where they stick to the Bible... Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit