Do you still believe in the doctrines of the Watchtower

by SAHARA 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Spelled Anointed wrong.

• cult classic
    cult classic

No. And that's no big deal because their teachings change like the wind.

• blondie
    blondie

Do I believe the earth is only 6,000 years young? No.

Do jws believe the earth is only 6,000 years young? No. But they do believe that humans were created only 6,000 plus years ago; but jws believe that the earth itself is much older, millions or billions of years rather than thousands.

• undercover
    undercover
    ...but jws believe that the earth itself is much older, millions or billions of years rather than thousands.

This is the current take on the planet itself...but they made this change in "belief" without ever retracting the older belief in the earth only being less than 50,000 years old.

This change is another example of dishonesty by the WTS as it tries to change its doctrines when something older is embarrassing or just flat out incorrect.

• sacolton
    sacolton

blondie, I didn't know that. I seem to recall conversations that dinosaur bones were made by Satan to confuse us (to prove the earth wasn't as old as carbon dating shows).

• skywho
    skywho

i believe "do on to others as you want done to you".... unfortunately this is just a rule that Jehovah's witnesses say and don't do.

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

Terry - I think I got it but not sure... Are you saying that a true believer doesn't follow a set of doctrine, rules or belief systems developed by "men" that are recognizable and then categorized to fit a mold of what most people would assume are believers? Or is is something else? Hmmm

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Terry - that's a great post. Thanks for that. I always enjoy your posts.

-mentallyfree31-

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

no!!!! makes me sick to think I did for so long

• yknot
    yknot

Sure I do...

Many others I don't.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit