You may have forgotten about me but here's my update

by doublelife 33 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

snowbird: Thanks.

Mad Sweeney: Thanks. I read more on here than I post. It's hard coming up with my own unique reply on other people's threads. Everyone else has such good comments. I don't feel like I have much to contribute.

Found Sheep:

• snowbird
    snowbird

{Everyone else has such good comments. I don't feel like I have much to contribute.}

I think everybody feels that way at times - I know I do.

Everyone has a contribution to make, however.

Everyone.

Sylvia

• doublelife
    doublelife

zoiks: "Be careful, be well, and be happy" Thanks. That's the goal.

• doublelife
    doublelife

snowbird: Thanks. I know, you're right. When I read my comment you highlighted, I realized that I used to give the same excuse as to why I never commented at meetings.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    "You know how to leave, right?"

Not really. I was kind of freaking out last night because I don't really know the next step to take.

Pack and leave when he's not there, and have someone there with you in case he comes home. Then when you are safely away, call and let him know that you left. Unless you owned all of the furnishings and housewares before you married him, don't clean the house out or take anything that he needs. A divorce court should be able to help you fairly divide the assets.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Sounds like forward progress. Keep your strength up. Don't pick up the smoking habit! Glad you are dumping the two faced little Watchtower Nazi.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Congrats on your new job and newly found freedom!

I know all too well that 'surreal' feeling you're describing. I've had it so many times in the past couple of years, normally when I'm doing something with other people, like after work, social events, etc... All of a sudden I'll just get this 'wow' feeling, like 'I'm really doing this, I'm really living MY LIFE, the one I WANTED'. And I don't have to hide who I am or put up barriers. That feeling is priceless!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Every once in a while, I get tears from some of the stories here. You did it to me tonight. I've been through a divorce, he was never a dub, but I understand that part. And I've been through the wonder of meeting regular old people and loving it. Just be happy and true to yourself above all.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Best of luck to you doublelife.

-mentallyfree31-

• doublelife
    doublelife

jamiebowers: Thanks for the advise. I know we've talked before about what I should do. I'll have my cousin with me.

Gregor: I won't pick up the smoking habit. My cousin has already told me she would kill me if I did. lol

independent_tre: Exactly! It's so nice to have someone understand that feeling. No non-cult survivor would understand if I tried to explain it.

beksbks: Aw. Reading that I made you cry made me tear up too.

mentallyfree31: Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit