This is my story

by SAHARA 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SAHARA
    SAHARA

not a captive - I thank you for your coments and sincerity in which you've expressed yourself about how important a personal relationship is with God. I quite agree, but I also find it a little condescending in assuming that it isn't possible for Cathlolics to have a "personal relationship" with God because they submit also to the Authority of the Church. As far as leaders being an obstacle in that relationship with God, I should tell you that I have struggled trendously with the issue of "Sola Scriptura" as being tenable in light of the fact that it the the "Leaders of the Church" which discerned what books/letters would be included in the New Testament Canon. The very book which the Christian world regards as the "Written Word of God". The selection and preservation of those books/letters was not left in the hands of every Christian seeking a personal relationship with God, but rather with the leadership of the Church. This fact is irrefutable. So, as I continue my own discernment as to what kind Authority God has empowered to lead the faithful, I want you to know that I do appreciate your comments none the less...

• Skip it
    Skip it

I can tell you that this is a very similar story for me. I can also tell you that once the WTS has programmed the robot it is virtually imposable over time to connect with reasoning. It is extremely mind boggling. If you disagree and prove with their own literature the false teachings it will come back at you tenfold that it is correct because it was changed! When I have disagreed with a doctrine I've been told that I should study more. In the same breath I've been asked in a condescending tone "where did you get that?" when I show that I have "studied" the information. Like it is discredited if it wasn't collected for pure indoctrination. I might not be very good at advice in this subject but here goes.... get a hobby that includes your kids. Mine is a spot on a lake up north and sports for the kids. Extend the invite but never cancel your plans with the kids because of a witness event. It will only snowball to more witness bullshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit