Help! Hold Me Back From Voicing My Opinions And Getting Shunned!

by nextdoorgirl 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

I am new to this board after lurking for awhile (Thanks so much for creating this place Simon, and for everyone's shared thoughts!)

I am going crazy because I have recently allowed myself to begin thinking (and it is SO fun!) and I am an outspoken person, and it is very hard for me to keep my opinions and discoveries about this place under my hat! I want to share it with my JW friends and family! With Everyone!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to JWN, nextdoorgirl! You could try the old 'count to 10' method before saying something. That might help.

If you want to say something to family without actually voicing it, you could leave certain articles on the real truth about JWs lying around the house is somewhat strategic spots.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hi Nextdoorgirl.......welcome to the board. Very enthusiastic first post. If you have been lurking for awhile, then you know your need to proceed with caution in telling other JW's about your coming here. Don't do anything right now you may regret later.

Think About It

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

From experience, most JWs do not want to know what you have to tell them. They will not change beliefs regardless of what you may say. If you speak up you will rapidly destroy relationships and your ability to speak to others. I recommend cautiously finding out where your family and friends stand on matters before saying too much.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There may be a small handful in every congregation or family who are willing and able to listen to the truth. You can't really just run out and tell everybody. It takes discernment. Cautious as serpents, innocent as doves you might say.

Good luck.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi there nextdoorgirl!

Be very careful about who you share your feelings/thoughts with until you decide which relationships, if any, you want to keep safe. Especially family members.

Nice to have you on board!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Burn the Witch!!.."

http://www.herebeoldthings.com/images/2008/01/07/frankenstein_villagers488_2.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Welcome nextdoorgirl. Let me repeat to you the advice I was given when I "woke up". I was told: "don't let the cat out of the bag until the time is right....cause YOU AINT gonna put no cat back into a bag"

LOL - it's funny but true. Very true. As long as you are silent, you are in full control of the situation, and the timetable is all up to you. If you start talking, you will quickly lose control of the situation. And once you are branded "apostate" or a person with doubts, it's almost impossible to help anybody, even family. So plot your course carefully.

Best of luck you you.

-mentallyfree31-

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Girl, you can share anything with us.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit