Help! Hold Me Back From Voicing My Opinions And Getting Shunned!

by nextdoorgirl 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!

When the circumstances are right, perhaps you could ask someone to "clarify" something you don't understand...say...generation....as in "But I don't understand....wasn't it the generation that was alive in 1914? And then it was changed to the wicked people? Then, the annointed? Then, the annointed in 1914 and who?"

Wish you the best. It is hard to hold it all in!!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Welcome to the board. Don't take any advice from me about keeping a low profile. My wife and I sent a thirty page letter to family, friends, the local elders and the WTBS. But every one needs to follow their own path.

• yknot
    yknot

Well one way to do so and not get in trouble is to follow the 'slaves' lead.......

If they talk about an older publication or talk......talk about it! Download old publications and share them as 'found treasure'

Gossip......... there isn't a KH that doesn't have a population that loves WTS gossip! This is especially effective right after the Annual General Meeting in Oct. With the DC coming up you might share some of the 'highlights' you read here!

We had a poster awhile back suggest 'embrace the hypocrisy'.......which meant be soo damn UBER that everybody easily spots the logical fallacies of what you are saying......... The generation clarification for instance is an excellent topic! You can discuss previous generation interpretations (including scans from older lit) expound on the DC's last Sunday Talk, or just ask questions about how excited and what they think of this wonderful new light! Gush on and on about all the new changes, compare it to Rutherford......discuss Rutherford's changes from Russell, and those of Knorr from Rutherford......but do so with the utmost theocratic sappy-ness!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome to the forum ...good advice for you here..

Loz x

• Hadit
    Hadit

Hello and welcome! It is fun to actually think isn't it? It's great. Unfortunately - I learned the hard way that my enthusiasm for finding out truths about the organization was not shared by ANYONE and they all thought I was crazy. I did not realize the extent of the mind control and it is VERY hard to get through. I was called an apostate, my father turned me in over ONE scripture that I read to him, my friends informed the elders about my thoughts, etc. I created an INSTANT mess for myself and a lot of stress. So - if I were to give a suggestion it would be to - keep quiet about what you know until you think some more and do some more research. Then you can come up with a plan (easier said than done!) There are lots of great ideas on this board as to how to proceed.

All the best!

Hadit

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi nextdoorgirl. Welcome to the forum.

I'm pleased you haven't spoken up yet. You damned near need a degree in psychology not to scare the shite out of your family while getting them to listen.

I'll give you a hint.... don't tell them anything. When it is time to talk, you have to do it with carefully crafted questions.

Stick around and learn some techniques and questions.

Cheers

Chris

• yknot
    yknot

Read Steve Hassan too!......

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Welcome!

Zip the lip!

listen and learn!

very very good advice on here nextdoorgirl...

oz

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

Ohhh....Guyssss! It is so HARD for me....

The asking the questions would brilliant....but I want to speak, to speak, to SPEAK!

Hold me BACK!!!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Welcome nextdoorgilr!

I'm also new here and I think you should listen to the very good advice above!

Please DON'T TELL ANTHING!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit