nancy drew

Here we go again "evidently"

• agonus
    agonus

"evidently"... the WT buzzword for "complete lack of evidence"

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Mark 12:22-25 (English Standard Version):

22 "And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, "Take; this is my body." 23 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. 24 And he said to them, "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many. 25 Truly, I say to you, I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

It doesn't say outright that he ate the bread as it says of the wine, but we can assume that since he did drink the wine that he would have also ate the bread too? I mean that is a better use of the phrase "evidently he also ate of the bread", right?

Soldier77

• RR
    RR

Well if the bread and wine represented his body and blood, why would Jesus partake?

• blondie
    blondie

"all" could just as well mean, all the others there, but not Jesus. "he gave it to them, and they all"

• blondie
    blondie

Here's a Catholic discussion with many of the same comments made here:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=355993

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

when he dismissed his traitor and began a new ritual,

I don't think dismissing the traitor is anywhere in the Bible. That's another Dub "evidently" conclusion.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Trying to figure out why they felt the need to make the distinction. Perhaps they wanted to further seperate us from Christ, that we dont really 'share' with him at his table.

They have a habit of making Jesus an instrument instead of the groom. The groom is a participant.

• agonus
    agonus

"Well if the bread and wine represented his body and blood, why would Jesus partake?"

Why did Jesus go to temple/synagogue, quote Scripture, etc.?

Jesus was a practicing Jew. No reason he wouldn't have celebrated Passover with a seder. But for his followers, the Passover meal would have taken on a new significance.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Idiots. Their favorite word is evidently™. It should be followed with a *footnote that says

"Whenever, we, the all knowing Governing Body, uses the word "evidently", it is because we really don't know, but it fits our already way out their dogma, and rather then make the mistake of explaining it, we will hope that most everyone just nods their heads and accepts it, because it is so "evident". Good luck to all you fools who just take it at face value."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit