Hospital Liasion Card

by Sighco 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sighco
    Sighco

I was just digging through my computer desk drawer and I found a Hospital Liaison Committee card. The desk used to belong to an Elder and the card has apparently been pressed up against the front inside of the desk since he died. I can't believe I didn't find it earlier. The card has the phone numbers of 6 liaison committe members and has Elders Only printed on the front. The back has 11 bullet points of information to ask the patient before calling the committee, including whether or not the patient is in good standing. Should I post the phone numbers of these murderers on the board?

I don't understand how anyone could live with themselves after helping a child refuse a blood transfusion

• shadow
    shadow

What are the other 10 questions?

• Open mind
    Open mind
    Should I post the phone numbers of these murderers on the board?

Even if it didn't directly violate Posting Guideline #9, what good would it do?

If these guys got a bunch of anti-JW crank calls, it would just strengthen their faith.

om

• Sighco
    Sighco

Before calling HLC obtain the following, if possible:

1. Patient's (family's) name and telephone

2. Patients (family's) congregation, PO's name, telephone

3. Adult, child and age

4. Baptized?

5. Good Standing?

6. How strong patient's determination to refuse blood?

7. Exact medical problem needing attention

8. Treatment used or proposed by doctors

9. Specifics on medical condition

10. Name(s) of doctors/hospitals involved

11. Hospital telephone

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what good standing means in this case?

1) Misses a few meetings, time around 10 hours/month

2) Misses a few more meetings, time around 6 hours/month

3) Misses few meetings but time a round 3 hours/month

4) Misses a lot of meetings, 1 hour/month

5) Misses few meetings, but no time turmed in one month out of 6 consecutive months (irregular)

6) Misses few meetings, not time for the last 6 months

7) Misses all meetings, no time turned in but not da'd or df'd

• rebel8
    rebel8

I would be interested in seeing a scan if you can obscure personally identifying information.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW!!! Hipa Violations!

• blondie
    blondie

That's true if the family did not willingly provide the info. I can see most jw families easily providing it.

• Sighco
    Sighco

The card doesn't contain anyones personal medical information, it just has phone numbers of members of the HLC and guidelines, I don't think that is a HIPAA violation. I'm not going to upload a scan just in case though.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A scan of the card with the side showing the list of questions would be good but not the list of names.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit