PUBLISHERS

by Frenchy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Frenchy,

Quote: You are encouraged to ‘witness’ to everyone you come in contact with. This serves two purposes. One is the possibility of converting yet someone else (slim chance but possible) and the other is to alienate your friends and family.

They have to be careful what they say around you now because you’re likely to get on your soap box and start preaching to them.

Now you have virtually no friends and your family is very uneasy around you. You are reminded of how you were told at the beginning that once people saw that you were a worshipper of the true God that they would have nothing to do with you. You see them as right and you turn to the only source of human companionship now available to you…the brotherhood.

- Frenchy

This is absolutely stunning in the fact that it's true - and I've never seen it that way. The cause and effect turned around. Guess that's what it means to think outside the box, or cage?

The WTBTS tells all new converts (within the first weeks of studying) that they will be persecuted by their families & friends. And for the reasons you gave (which I agree with) - usually someone does talk against the jw's - or those people just don't want to hear anymore about the jw's.

This is viewed as persecution, the new person pulls further away from family and friends, and is lonely.

you turn to the only source of human companionship now available to you…the brotherhood.

Dean Koontz couldn't have said it any spookier.

Thanks for the thinking, Frenchy.

waiting

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Frenchy,

allow me to congratulate you

for your fine ...shredding of the WTBS actions.

Logical, factual and true presentation of what

really happens. Excellent choice of words!

A post to keep on the files. I'm sure that many

will agree with me. Thanks again.

To Waiting: thanks for your fine comments.

I do appreciate this part:

"The WTBTS tells all new converts (within the first weeks of

studying) that they will be persecuted by their families & friends.

And for the reasons you gave (which I agree with) - usually someone

does talk against the jw's - or those people just don't want to

hear anymore about the jw's.

This is viewed as persecution, the new person pulls

further away from family and friends, and is lonely.

"...you turn to the only source of human companionship now available to you…the brotherhood. "

A really true statement. I do like your comments,

very ,very logical and well written.Thanks.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you Frenchy,

This is a must read post. Thank you for the time and effort to post it.

j2bf

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you, waiting, Mac, & Joy. I hope that Plmkrzy will be able to see this for what it is...lord knows it took me long enough!

Waiting says: "This is viewed as persecution, the new person pulls further away from family and friends, and is lonely."

So true. Isn't it remarkable what a label can do? Isn't this diabolic?

• TMS
    TMS

Frenchy,

Your response to PlmKrzy was as reasoned, non-vitriolic a description of the life cycle of a JW convert I have read.

I printed it for my non-internet wife, who has been saying these same things. She tucked it away for future use.

My wife recently had a heart-to-heart with her 82 yr old non-Witness mother, during which she apologized for all the years of being an aloof daughter. My mother-in-law tried to share the blame, but my wife would have none of that. So, they are "trying" to have a relationship, but the years and hurts have taken their toll.

TMS

• Will Power
    Will Power

thank you frenchy

your words ring so true. and those of us that can only watch it happen are left helpless. They are always 1 step ahead. Most people have never experienced this type of persuasion. But the WT and the training rec'd by "FDS" have been indoctrinating for years & years and have it down to a fine art.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Frenchy,

...lord knows it took me long enough! -frenchy
    You were referring to the time it took to formulate your response to a new person on this forum.

I think a THANK YOU to anyone who puts up a good post, or even a good effort, is due to the the poster.

It takes effort - and discipline. Well worth a THANK YOU. I'm not trying to drill a *civil* idea.....just to remember the effort someone puts forth for another person.

Kudos to you!

waiting

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

EXCELLENT

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you all for your very kind thoughts. As most of here on this board only too well know just how difficult it is for someone who was never 'inside the organization' to understand even the outer fringes of the illusion was was our total perception of reality, we can only hope to help those are contemplating being immersed into this way of life from which there is never a complete escape to walk away early on.

I'm grateful to all of here here on this board for sharing your experiences. It really does help.

• Scully
    Scully

Frenchy:

Thank you for so eloquently putting into words what we've all known in our heart of hearts and suspected for a long time.

Your description of how the thought reform (i.e., 'brainwashing') occurs within the JWs - and any other cultic organization for that matter - as so subtle, so insidious, and so easy to fall prey to, and how it manipulates our sense of right and wrong, and the values we place on family ties and friendship, is so astonishingly obvious... in retrospect.

It's a shame that JWs and groups like JWs don't have to come with warning labels the way cigarettes and alcohol do in some countries!!

WARNING: Reading this material may cause you to lose your mind!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit