The American Diet

by watson 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    FF do you ever have a smoothie? I make one with the soy milk, plain yogurt, and frozen fruit with a scoop of protein and some ground flax seed that is yummsville, that's my usual breakfast.

I've made smoothies without the added protein and flax seed. That sounds like something worth trying! I've also made smoothies with pineapple, coconut, and rum, but not for breakfast. Yet.

W

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I've also made smoothies with pineapple, coconut, and rum, but not for breakfast. Yet.

Well that sounds like a healthy concoction!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Liquid diet...

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Quirky1 I will agree totally with you.

• Mary
    Mary
    I've made smoothies without the added protein and flax seed. That sounds like something worth trying! I've also made smoothies with pineapple, coconut, and rum, but not for breakfast. Yet.

OK, here's a recipe I concocted for a healthy milkshake. Even my father, who is notorious for liking anything bad for him, likes it:

1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk (I like almond milk better than soy milk)

Couple of scoops of organic soy neapolitan ice-cream

1/2 banana, a few strawberries, blueberries and/or raspberries

bit of flax seed

Whip it up in the blender and enjoy

• watson
    watson

Uh, Mary.....the "Sweaty Cowboy" made me throw up a little in my mouth.

• awildflower
    awildflower

but not for breakfast

Sounds like a good breakfast to me. Maybe I'll make one of those Monday morning

• shamus100
    shamus100

I couldn't imagine being fat. I know, I know, some people are pre-dispositioned genetically and have awful problems with weight, and I'm not here to make those people bad.

But people who eat that shit.... bleah! I mean really - I notice on my trips to the states the food portions are ridiculous.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

100 years ago, this man was freakishly fat and people paid money to see him at a side show. Amazing that now he's considerably unfreaky...

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/04/19/freak-show-fat/

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's survival of the fittest. If you pound your body with fat enriched foods you have a debt to pay sooner than later. Eat those potato chips, have another sugary pop - time goes by, and your heart attack is coming up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit