The American Diet

by watson 42 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

I just had a bowl of multigrain flakes with flax seeds fresh strawberries and vanilla soy milk. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Flax seeds, what are you a, a hamster?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I love foods that are bad for me. I try to severely limit how much of them I eat. I can't afford to be chronically ill.

I overheard on the local news about some White House initiative to tackle childhood obesity. They said that something must be done this summer, or "America's children will have to wait until next year." WtH? If you are a parent of an obese child, why aren't you doing something about it right now?!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Now your talkin' 'bout strawberries again, Beks! I could live on those things! Did you ever go back and pay your Mexican vendor for the last ones you got :-)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/

A favorite website of mine. Got some good looking things on there.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I just had a bowl of multigrain flakes with flax seeds fresh strawberries and vanilla soy milk.

That sounds like my usual breakfast except I use the unsweetened soy milk. I'll alternate between strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries as well.

W

• beksbks
    beksbks

You know what was cool JO, as I was leaving, a couple drove up and I asked if they had change. They did and I was able to pay him immediately. I only have about 3 berries left, I hope he's back today.

You find a way for them to arrive in good shape, and I'll send you some. There is something about them being warm though.

• beksbks
    beksbks

FF do you ever have a smoothie? I make one with the soy milk, plain yogurt, and frozen fruit with a scoop of protein and some ground flax seed that is yummsville, that's my usual breakfast.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I just had a bowl of multi-grain flakes with flax seeds fresh strawberries and vanilla soy milk.

Your my kind of girl, I have that for breakfast every morning as well.

I try topping this cereal with differing kinds of fruit like blueberries, blackberries and raspberries when in season.

This is an excellent breakfast since it will charge your energy cells and stay with you for a long while and the fiber has its benefits as well.

Worst breakfast in the world is a cup of non nutritious coffee by itself.

I do drink one cup with my breakfast though.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Just yesterday, I was made aware of a new pop culture item: The McGangBang. "It's a sandwich made from a double cheeseburger and a McChicken sandwich — where you put an entire McChicken sandwich inside a double cheeseburger. It's a creative manipulation of existing menu items, and an exercise in frugality: taking two items off of the Dollar Menu and creating an entirely new sandwich for a total of $2.16. Truly, it's a sandwich that's more than the sum of its parts."

Further, some of the drive-through cashiers know what this is and will fill an order for one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SidvFboYNUc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit