2010 - NO District Convention For Me - WoooHoooo! Anybody Else?

by mentallyfree31 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asilentone
    asilentone

themadjw, fo

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I may go on sunday w/the fam. That would be the only reason. I would be able to hang w/out of town family. I havent told them I'm not going back to the KH.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I attended my last one in 2001--and just the first day (so much for the theory that everyone attends Sunday but not Friday). And, I don't even bother pre-ordering the littera-trash because it will follow the exact same story line that all the other littera-trash does.

Also, I can get all the "new light" on this board ahead of time. If my Grand Boasting Session is in July, and I read about them in May, I am already 2 months ahead of the witlesses. What takes them 3 days to present, I can read in about 10 minutes. Of course, I miss out on that horrible noise called "singing", the embellished or outright fake experiences, the applause sessions, and the rambling last talk and prayer--but I get a look at the new littera-trash and get to pick it apart before the others in my former congregation even get to know it's coming out.

Since this time in 2000, I have only attended 6 attendance-takings (one attendance taking each in the morning and afternoon): The last day of the 2000 Great Boasting Session both sessions, the first day of the 2000 Grand Boasting Session both sessions, and the first day of the 2001 Grand Boasting Session both sessions. And contributed absolutely nothing toward reducing the deficit they make up.

• wobble
    wobble

I have not attended one since 2006, if my memory serves, it may be 2005 in fact.

I never did like the bloody things, bored me sh**less, I used to get told off by Mrs. Wobble for sleeping, especially if I snored, and the whole thing gave me a black depression.

The only upside was the scantily clad females on parade, but I used to get a reprimand from the Mrs. for having my tongue hanging out !

So glad to be free and happy and at peace, it is a great weekend too, we know we have a dub free time locally, no running into those loonies at the supermarket or when out for a meal Ha Ha !

Wobble

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Me too.

Bangalore

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Let's see...my last DC would have been in the summer of 1999. So this will be my 11th year of being clean! My last time in field service would be Oct of 1990! Last meeting was the memorial, April 2006. Deleted as an unbapt pub Dec of 1990.

• undercover
    undercover

Number 7 or 8...I've lost count.

I live in a convention city, so it was particularly sweet the first 2 or 3 to know that just a few miles away, thousands of dubs were bored to sleep while I was relaxing or doing something enjoyable. I made it a point to show up at the favorite dub restaurants after sessions in shorts and t-shirt, drinking a mixed drink at the bar while they sat a dozen feet away all dressed up, wearing their badges and looking happy to be out of the session but miserable as they stood out in the crowd.

But over time, I got to where I didn't even know what weekend the conventions were...or care. Last year I just happened to be riding by the coliseum area on my motorcycle and got caught up in after session traffic, not knowing there was anything going on at the coliseum. But when I saw the clothes and books, I knew and it was kind of surreal to sit and watch. I was then glad on two counts... 1 - not having to endure that misery and 2 - not giving a shit enough to know when it was anymore

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

This will be our families first free year too! Although last year there were a ton of WTF?? comments back and forth between the two of us, and lots of lean on me and nap, then I'll lean on you and nap during the next droning talk. We also sat as close to the top of that stadium as possible...dark, cool, away from all the rest of them. We won't be there, but we won't miss it.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I regularly attended Summer coventions for 44 yrs ! From birth to age 44 I never missed a convention .

My first time not going was 2006 ....We had stopped making meetings in january and I plain out just did not make the arrangements for the convention , I figured if my husband wanted to go bad enough HE could do the planning . Well he didn't so there you go ,first year missed felt strange ,but good at the same time .

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nothing like your first time. Last one was 2000. I too live in a convention city, but we have 13 DC's starting in May ending in September so it's a constant around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit