2010 - NO District Convention For Me - WoooHoooo! Anybody Else?

by mentallyfree31 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I have attended District Conventions since I was a little kid EVERY year. Now that I have woken up from the WT nightmare, this will be my first year to miss a District Convention! And it feels so liberating!

Anybody else just waking up and missing their first District Convention this year??

-mentallyfree31-

• shamus100
    shamus100

Of course, love!

The first one it seemed like something was missing, the second I missed it a teeney-tiney bit, the third I forgot all about it.

Kiss me love!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm not going this year, but it won't be the first time I missed. I never really cared for conventions. The only times I looked forward to the convention was if there was a cute brother I was looking forward to flirting with. But, I made up my mind, I can't handle it this year.

• not a captive
    not a captive

This is my first anniversary of not going to Convention.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

My first miss was in 1980, haven't been to one in 30 years.

So nice to know looking back I'm not going to sit for hours listening

to Watchtower propaganda bullshit, surrounded by dumb hypocritically pretentious people.

When my family members who are still in talk about attending they frown

and aren't particularly happy like the past years, some of this comes from the fact that they have to travel out of town

and stay at a motel. Cultism is a bitch some times.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, my convention is a couple hours away, but I always preferred driving back and forth. We'd skip one day and make it up another week. But, just the thought of putting out money to stay in a hotel and all the packing, and having to buy meals out. How do Witness families do it, year after year? And all this preparation and it was all so tiring,it's hard to stay awake during the program. The seating is so uncomfortable and if you stand up in the back to stretch your legs, the attendants come by with their signs please be seated. I would walk around though during the program. I acted like I had somewhere to go, or like I was lost or something. And intermission was so boring. I had to hang out with myself. Well, just thinking about it, is making me sick.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yeah, thinking about conventions makes me feel sick also. I never missed them for one second. I was so glad to have that dreaded drone session out of my life! I can't even remember the last one I went to. They're all just a big horrible blur.

• blondie
    blondie

It was very easy to adjust to not going.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

The most hilarious moment is when I think back to about 5 years ago, the bethel speakers said:

"brothers we want to let you know that we do have district conventions planned for next year - we don't know if it will be on this side of the great tribulation or on the other side, but we are proceeding with our plans.."

I remember friends who had lost family members in death getting all excited and telling others how they would see their loved ones sooner than they were thinking...

Sad. Very sad. I'm so glad I have attended my last one.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

What about talent-spotting? And picking up strays? You can't leave all that behind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit