New method of distributing magazines

by jah1914 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    It is important that publishers take only the number of magazines need for the current week of activity in the ministry, not for the entire month.

This 'new system' seems to me to kill 2 birds with one stone...first of all, they save on printing and labour involved for the servant doing the counting and inventorying, etc. But more importantly, in my view, it also FORCES the rank and file to attend the meeting to get their magazines. When we were fading, we would pick up weeks' worth of magazines on the rare occasions we showed up. I guess the higher ups want to nip this probably growing trend in the bud. No meeting attendance, no mags! You gotta give to get...

• metatron
    metatron

Oh, use the magazines to trigger meeting attendance? Sorry, that isn't going to work! How do I know? Because that was part of the rationale for canceling subscriptions years ago and that didn't work either!

They also fantasied that their new 'voluntary donation' arrangement would increase contributions because publishers and the public would both contribute for placements. Instead, donations in general plunged.

Their recent magazine distribution change will end badly. They have removed almost any sense of personal responsibility for magazine donations by dropping individual orders. They are unconsciously 'devalueing' the magazines by creating piles of them in the back of the hall, little different from a laundromat in which they end up discarded. Take some, wrinkle them up and toss them back if you don't use 'em.

How does Watchtower management work? Mostly cronyism and outright a$$kissing. Some D.O. or GB or helper comes up with a dumb idea and his surrounding sycophants praise it as almost Divine Inspiration.

I'm gonna enjoy every minute of this Witless - ness.

metatron

• Gordy
    Gordy

This seems like another cost cutting excercise by the WT.

Having been "Magazine Servant" I know how many would be magazines would be left unclaimed at the end of the month.

But more importantly, in my view, it also FORCES the rank and file to attend the meeting to get their magazines.

Well didn't they have to before?

In the old system you had you name down on a list,for how many magazines you wanted ,
    so if you didn't collect them, you could be chased up for them, then they would you hadn't been to the KH.

This new system were you just go and take what you want , as they are just stacked on the counter,
    they wouldn't know if you had or not been to KH.

They also fantasied that their new 'voluntary donation' arrangement would increase contributions because publishers and the public would both contribute for placements. Instead, donations in general plunged.

I was "Literature Servant" when the brought the "voluntary donation" both I and the "Accounts Servant" both said that income would drop. But none of the Elders believed us. Till it started to happen.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It strikes me that this could easily turn into an out of control situation and be a real big mistake. We can only hope it backfires on them.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Their recent magazine distribution change will end badly.
    Agreed! You are right of course, Metatron. All of these changes in the past couple

of years MUST be waking up more and more of the rank and file that there's something rotten in D*nmark! I know if I was still in, I would by now be beginning to wonder whether anybody with a brain was overseeing things.

• St George of England
    St George of England

GORDY - Many thanks for posting the copy of the letter. It does say to all congregations in the US so maybe here in the UK it is not going to be implemented until it has run a while in the US. Certainly we have not had any such letter as of 15 May 2010.

George

• mikes
    mikes

Thanks for posting the letter Gordy. Even though the letter says effective immediatly, the ps says before the letter is read, the service overseers have to meet to make the arrangements needed. This probably explains the large disparity in congregations that havent had this announcement yet, like mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit