Alone?

by chron82 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sherah
    sherah

Welcome to the board!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome Chris! Just be yourself and be happy. You have your family to deal with some of the time but you have to live with yourself ALL of the time. So don't go pretending for the sake of others any longer than you feel you can stand it. I am still a pretender, too, to an extent, but I am determined to tell them all to pound sand if it becomes any more of a hassle than I'm willing to deal with.

Take care of yourself. Make some friends. LIVE!

• peaches
    peaches

hi,,,,it is nice to meet you....do not let your sanity be compromized....get out,,,gently,,,but get out....peaches....

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome aboard...this is a good place to find...many of us have gone through excrutiating times on our way out but its still preferable to be true to yourself...and however down you may feel at times it really does get better ...follow the good advice and take your time and read plenty ...at least your wife is with you and you can support each other...take care...look forward to reading more from you..

Loz x

• Thor
    Thor

Welcome Chris!

It is exciting to join the group. It's also exciting to start a new life with out all the control.

Enjoy yourself and try not to worry too much, things have a way of working out for the best.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome.

The good thing is, you are just 28. I was "in" over thirty years. I am 58 now. How I wish I had those years back.

You have so many options. Make some goals. Someone mentioned college. To really know things instead of just being fed magazine issues is incredibly freeing. Just keep it quiet if you go.

Only you can know what your family can handle. Maybe over time you can ask a few "questions" without being looked at as Satan. Maybe plant a seed of doubt here or there.Don't make hasty decisions you regret later.

Yes, it is wonderful that your wife is with you. Maybe you can get some hobbies together that you like. Travel instead of going out in service every Saturday. Maybe volunteer for a worthy organization. Maybe go to college together!

Let us know more of your plans as time goes by.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome Chris. I don't know where you are but if by any chance you're in the UK we do have meets from time to time; there's one next month.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Welcome!

I'm your age and am on my way out too. That's awesome your wife feels the same way you do. Together you can create a new life for you and your own family.

• happy1975
    happy1975

Welcome chron. You're in good company!

Happy

• asilentone
    asilentone

NiceDream, here is my welcome to the board too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit