CO visit comments: Facebook & new "generation" teaching

by sir82 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

If they would have stopped at the second time they said the generation referred to the anointed, I could have lived with that. Considering it didn't mean 30-40 years or 70-80 years, I thought, "this makes more sense".

My thinking was that I wasn't serving God with any particular date in mind, (although it did have a lot to do with why I jumped on board back in 1985), but when they keep coming up with crazy explanations about the generation, that is just too much, it helped me to examine more.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I believe, the social networking mediatechnologies like facebook, will over the years, continue to present insurmountable challenges to the growith, stability and eventual demise of the Watchtower as an organisation. Realizing this inevitabilty, its therefore easy to predict that over the coming years, more and more talk about the dangers of internet will be part of standard talks in dubland eg, kingdom halls, assemblies and convections.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

In the April WT about "generations" it's interesting how the mind control is worded.

"Are you keeping up with new light"? Then it gives a list of changes made throughout history to see if you remember. Most of these things I couldnt remember because they werent worth remembering. The message is "if you dont remember, then its YOUR fault you stupid dumbass!

So when we f/u and make a changes in our understanding of "generation" you better hurry up and believe it or you will still be stupid.

Amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit