ATTENTION ALL LURKING, CURIOUS JW'S, JW TROLLS, AND FORMER JW'S DETERMINED TO SAVE JW'S FROM THEMSELVES

by AllTimeJeff 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My thought: If we over-react it just "proves" to a lurking JW that we we are nuts, madly angry extremists. I used to shudder when certain posters would scream at JWs, berate and swear at them because they were "angry". They HAD to tone it down here or risk being removed from the board. This was during the good old JWD days.

Personally, I think we at times enjoy playing with the "trolls".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Trolls remind me of thee annoying little guy played by Bronson Pinchot from the story "The Langoliers".

Annoying but necessary, they get eaten in the end.

• sherah
    sherah

Well said ATJeff!

I lurked when the troll "R" was posting. What struck me about her was her lack of debating skills, her refusal to use or even research WT publications or use the NWT in her quotations. For lack of these things, nothing she wrote held any weight with this lurker. Many were concerned that she would influence the lurkers with her weak arguments. Not this lurker, i could clearly see that 'the truth' could not stand up to logical reasoning and facts.

• AllTimeJeff
  • ESTEE
    ESTEE

Be warned, there are also people claiming to be lawyers, for example, who say they are involved in a class-action suit against the JWs. Do not give these people your personal information.

I figure the JWs have a database and they are trying to figure out who we are. I was PM'd once or twice since becoming a member of this forum.

Love youz

ESTEE

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

sherah said:

I lurked when the troll "R" was posting. What struck me about her was her lack of debating skills, her refusal to use or even research WT publications or use the NWT in her quotations. For lack of these things, nothing she wrote held any weight with this lurker. Many were concerned that she would influence the lurkers with her weak arguments. Not this lurker, i could clearly see that 'the truth' could not stand up to logical reasoning and facts.

In the quote above I underlined the part that caught my attention.

This "R" sounds a lot like the recent "BANE" that just basically could not provide any facts,figures,scriptures to back up

anything that was being discussed. The most he could get out is I've heard it all before blah,blah,blah.

I kept waiting and hoping that he would share some of his "knowledge" with us and show us the error of our ways. LOL

• mentallyfree31
  • Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    Trolls remind me of thee annoying little guy played by Bronson Pinchot from the story "The Langoliers".

LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Whew! I'm glad someone got it!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good comments ATJ !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit