ATTENTION ALL LURKING, CURIOUS JW'S, JW TROLLS, AND FORMER JW'S DETERMINED TO SAVE JW'S FROM THEMSELVES

by AllTimeJeff 23 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thank you all.

It seems that we former JW's have excellent reasons to be be upset. Between being lied to about how Russell and Rutherford started this fruity little cult, having to deal with the coverups of pedophiles and other criminals, the mysoginistic treatment of women, being lied to about 1914 and the related date of 607 BCE, the ridiculous and ever changing blood doctrine, being lied to about GB involvement in the UN, the changed it once and now back again understanding of what a "generation" is, being lied to about when the end of this system was supposed to come, being lied to about 1975, being told not to go to college and instead explore the underrated world of window washing with the outstanding income potential it produces.....

*panting* I am sorry, I am out of breath.....

My point is this, (and I speak from experience): Former JW's are pretty raw. And thus, easily exploitable on internet boards by trolls.

Trolls see this. They know you and I are (were) in pain. So they say idiot stuff to challenge you, like "You left the truth scumbag. You are gonna die. I have the truth." Or "I know you are, but what am I?"

Trolls come in a lot of varieties. I will touch on two. Trolls who are bored and want to play with our delicate psyche's like so much cat nip. And other who are JW's, disobey the GB by coming on here and wanting to mix it up.

Both kinds among others tick us off.

We either defend ourselves, which for the most part is silly, because they aren't here to debate, they just want to imagine you frothing at the mouth. Or we sometimes think that lurking JW's see this and somehow might want to stay or go back because of what these trolls do.

So let me give you one perspective as a former lurker.

I lurked for months on this board. Read up. Saw the D R A M A. I also read many great posts from Farkel, Alan F, Leolaia. I knew why I was here. I didn't really care about the trolls. If anything, I was really hoping that none of them were in my congregation. If you were worried about me, I promise you, trolls only made me want to leave more. I recognized their smell.

Lurkers are smarter then you think. And lets face it, if and when they leave JW's, it won't be because of the drama here. They have enough drama in their life.

If they ask for advice, give it to them. If a troll wants to tick them off, let them try. It's all part of the process with this cult. You or I wanting it to be different, wanting leaving to be different, doesn't change much of anything.

Trolls suck, only if you let them piss you off. I sort of like the mood lately. They want to play? Play with them. Or ignore them. But don't overrate what your response will do or mean to former JW's, current lurking JW's, or trolls.

Lurkers will do what they will when they are ready to do it. Some who leave even say here. Don't sweat it. And don't let it affect your enjoyment of this board.

To all the lurkers, hey there. Don't be scared. I know you have been taught that invisible stuff will fly out your computer for being here and give you spiritual Ebola. That ain't true.

To all trolls. You all are fun. Here's some yarn, go play.

Peace to all, and to all a good night!

• dinah
    dinah

Love it!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sounds good to me, Jeff.

• Altar ego
    Altar ego

Thanks Jeff, you expressed my thoughts and feelings.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I find most trolls hilarious, but I've always found my humor in strange places...like the Kingdom Hall. LOL

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

After seeing the stuff they wrote on the wedding forum to brides to be they cant shock me anymore...

Loz x

• sabastious
    sabastious

Just let them argue until the sun rises and they all turn to stone.

-Sab

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Bring on the trolls! We can play nicely...

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Very good post!!!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Trolls who come here as a supporting and devoted followers of the JWS may actual serve a very important role

in evaluating and analyzing the doctrines of this religion/cult.

I'm not too sure of shooing them away is a good idea.

When they thwart their staid apologetic opinions on the JWS kingdom,

there always comes forth a flood of strong overwhelming intuitive information

to counter theirs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit