need help with computer

by jaguarbass 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thank you transhuman I will check that out.

That sound like some advice in the right direction.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A simple thing to do sometimes is turn off your computer and then pull out your sound card,

reboot and then turn it off, reinstall the card and see if the operating system (XP) picks it up.

Sometime you have to go into system controls and turn on sound devises.

Does the sound card at least appear in the devise manager as one poster asked ?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

what is the brand?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

sorry i just noticed it is custom built

if the sound is built in to the motherboard, look on the motherboard for a model number, google search and you should get to the mfg website for drivers

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

if you can send a good picture of the motherboad, I can find the drivers for you

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

You can download something like Drivereasy that will scan your computer and find all the drivers you need.

http://www.drivereasy.com/

IsaacJ

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

the true one I dont know what kind of sound card I have. I think it might be turtle beach. But I might have to go in and

do as you say.

the mother board is fc ist main board ad11 users manual

I think there is a sound card on the mother board and I had a better one added.

I may have to go into it tommorow or tuesday.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

gubberning body: Yes I have 2 yellow question marks which I take to be alerts one is for my printer and one is for my multimedia audio controller

which I think might be the sound card. I dont know the name of the sound card. I know the name of the printer. I will look for drivers for the

printer. I guess I will have to go into the computer and find the sound card and get the name and look on line for a driver.

Unless anyone has a better idea.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When you go into your devise manager where there are yellow question marks, you can usually open a properties window there where you can

update the driver .

Another possibility is there might be a conflict with the audio devises (on-board against audio card )

where the on-board audio has to be turned off in your BIOS of your motherboard for the OS to recognize the extra audio card.

XP should give you a generic audio driver to make your card work, but it may not install if it sees the motherboard audio on.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thank you thetrueone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit