Special meeting in Vienna, Austria June 8th, 2010

by Desilusionnee 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

don't know why I can't open my pm: error message. Will try later

• bohm
    bohm

welcome Disilusionnee and John Locke!

If you go, i know a lot here would be happy if you accidently hit 'record' instead of 'shut down' on your ipod/phone right before the meeting started ;-)

• bohm
    bohm

Dis.: the first time you try to open a PM it allways gives you an error, second time it works.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Good idea bohm, I'll do it hihih!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

newbies ,welcome both of you

• Room 215
    Room 215

I know this sounds cynical, but these events sound like excuses for junkets for the GB. They get to fly somewhere first-class, get treated like the pope, adulation by the masses and all they have to do is give a one-hour talk, scaring the audience with armageddeon talk, and "soon, very soon" pronouncements.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Room 215, that is exactly what these things are.

They are to validate the GB members both in their own eyes and in the eyes of the rank and file. It's intentional that they do these sorts of things both the pace they do them. Too often and the Dubs realize these guys are just guys and nothing special at all. Too rarely and the mystique turns to indifference. It's a balancing act to keep the rank and file enthralled while giving the GB members a nice vacation from Brooklyn.

• sir82
    sir82

I wouldn't get too excited.

In the "pure language of JWs", "special" means "same tired old claptrap we've been peddling for the past 130 years, but with a new picture on the cover."

Room 215 is correct - this is an excuse for one or more GB members, Bethel heavies, and (most significantly) their wives to travel first class to Europe, stay in swank hotels, drink lots of premium wine, and come back with suitcases stuffed with new shoes and leather goods.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit