Special meeting in Vienna, Austria June 8th, 2010

by Desilusionnee 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Hi all!

We've got a special meeting in Vienna, Austria on June 8th (all Austrian JW are invited to come to Vienna) and I'm really curious about what they are going to tell us. Did you have such a meeting? What was it about?

Please let me know

Desillusionnee

• John Locke
    John Locke

Hi Desillusionnee,

Here in Netherlads we had a similar meeting. As far as I understand that was a zone overseer. He was giving a talk in a big assambly hall, which was broadcasted to another smaller hall and to Bethel. I wasn't there (out congregation wasn't invited) but heard some highlights from brothers. Can tell you, then you can compare. So it was a black brother, don't remember his name. The purpose was to encourage brothers to go into field service,since he was telling this example that I remember:

There were some brother preaching in mountain territory which which was located far from civilised word. It took them long time (a couple of days or so) to get to the village. And when they got there they found only one family with kids playing outside. This family very coldly accepted them and refused bible study, but somehow took some pulications... what a dissipointment for brotherls. Years later one of these brothers (already qiute old) accidantly met another (younger) brother at the convention. He didn't know this brother but young brother new him, huged him and asked if he knew him. When brother replied that he didn't know him younger brother explained that he was a son of the man who refused to study the Bible in remote territoty and now he was serving a circuit overseer. What a heppy end!!! Well there were more details but I don't remember and wonder if you will have the same talk.

I was talking to my relatives in Ukraine, they will also have a visit of zone overseer, on 5th of June, if I remember correctly.

BTW that was my first post here.

So... Hello to everyone

I enjoy reading this board and find many topics touching heart.

John Locke

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome John Locke!

As far as the Vienna special meeting, I look forward to reading updates on what exactly is said there. Most likely a bunch of scare tactics.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome John Locke!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Hi John!

Welcome on board. I'm also a new one here and I also enjoy it. All I know about this special metting is that Br Loesch from the GB will be the speaker (or one of the speakers, I don't know) and all the congregations in Austria are invited. Will be telling more about it after attending.

Desillusionnee

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome newbies!! I've not been here long and the ppl are really lovely so enjoy...x

Loz x

• John Locke
    John Locke

In 2007 about the same time we had similar meeting in Ukraine. About 30k people were invited from all over Ukraine to Lviv (more then 1000 km from eastern regions to trevel) and local authorities banned this event the day it was supposed to be held. They simply closed a stadium. And 30 thoused people were standing outside the stadium and singing kingdom songs. You can imagine this... Somehow Brooklin contacted our government and it pressed the local autorities to allow this event. Eventually stadium was opened 15 min befor official opening. Afrerwards there was a paragraph in the Yearbook describing how Jehovah helped in this situation. We'll see what happens this year :). Now we have a new president :(

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Merci beaucoup!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

This was also held a couple of weeks ago at the East Pennines Assembly Hall. About 7000 'attended' including those connected by phone link. The talk was by Bro Leon Weaver of the Brooklyn Bethel. I wasn't there but the only 'exciting' news I heard was that he told them all to look out for the July 15th WT. No doubt the bit about the GB and HS.

George

• dissed
    dissed

Welcome to the board John Locke and Desilusionee....

Let us know if anything special comes from this....and by the way, you have a lovely country

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit