Which Governing Body lie stands out the most to you?

by dissed 23 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The latest overlapping generations really takes the cake for me. It's so unscriptual and such a departure from previous doctrine that it just defies all logic. And yet, it's going to get eaten up like a dieters anonymus mass fall out at hometown buffet.

• life is to short
    life is to short

The child abuse issue did it for me. I saw Dateline in 2002 but my husband convinced me that it was all from Satan.

Then we had a child rapist move into our hall and the whole deck of card fell down. Once I saw for my own eyes that Dateline was totally right, that pedophiles do go door to door and are used in the hall as much as the elders can use them. That I got into trouble for not listening to a talk by the child rapist because it hurt his feelings, on and on. I found this sight and the rest is history.

I think I am still in shock, and am just realizing that even those who have left can be just as controlling as they were when they were in.

I am starting to think the best revenge is to just live a good life and be gone with the GB.

LITS

• Gayle
    Gayle

After 1975 I was hanging by a thread because of a 'stack up' of issues,, I was trying to give them benefit of the "error." Finally, their outright DENIAL of their error ended it for me and then their arrogant gall blaming it on "some" others that did it. It was impossible for me to stomach. Then I clearly saw the "error" was not an error but only a blatant arrogant lie. Then, the whole 'stackup' came crashing down hard.

• Heaven
    Heaven

As a teenager, over 30 years ago, I felt that their stance that you won't get eternal life if you don't go door-to-door was a big fat lie. No scripture states this. And I had a lot of doubts about the 'No Blood Policy'. I couldn't reconcile in my mind how, if life is so very precious to God, why you wouldn't do everything in your power to save it. Then there came the subjugation of wives to their husbands and the Evolution flip-flop. All of this had real impact on me... and NOT in favour of the religion. This led me to question a lot and of course, my own niggling thoughts everytime they made a statement about scripture I didn't agree with.

Then, as a young adult, it was this farcical idea that they are being directed by God's Spirit. There was a pivotal moment for me when I asked both my parents at the same time if God was directing the Watchtower. My Father said "No." and my Mom said "Yes." simultaneously. You should have seen the "Oh Shit!" look that passed between them. It was priceless. This was the look on my face ... .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit