Which Governing Body lie stands out the most to you?

by dissed 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dissed
    dissed

They are Zombies you know. They are not thinking for themselves. They let the Governing Body think for them. They feel they have free will, but they don't, far from it.

For those still-in the WT, they believe everything the Governing Body says, without question. Even when its obvious its wrong, they will except every spin that comes their way. Sometimes it seems some will NEVER wake up to the truth, no matter how obvious it is to us and all those outside the organization. (see 607, 1914, generation(s), etc..)

What does it take to break free from this 'trance-like' state and is it possible?

As in my case, and what many others here said, it takes just one lie that we accepted, that's all, then the whole WT wall comes tumbling down. "You mean, THEY LIED TO US?!" With that realization, its like a veil is removed as a person comes to now objectively examin the WT ways. Quickly, as if dominoes falling, one at a time, a person is now shocked to see how they have been lied to all those years.

How many had this awakening in this way? You finally accept you were lied to. Then you start to research each and every WT explanation and you are amazed that not only CAN they be wrong, but ARE wrong in almost everything. Their version is now questioned and is no longer accepted as infallible. Especially when it comes to their own history.

So, its my conclusion, that until a JW can come to accept just one lie, and come to that realization, they are stuck in JW Zombie land.

What can we do to wake up or shock them out of their trance-like state? Is there one lie that stands out, that woke you up? What was the method used to expose that lie for you?

Remember, it only takes one, that's all, to wake up the Zombie in them.

Its not easy, but hundreds of thousands have been woken up and are living great and happy lives again. They have come back to the living. It can be done.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I knew they were lying when they said the "donation arrangement" was a loving arrangement to get the "good news" into the hands of more people and mentioned the tax-dodge as some sort of fortunate serendipity, but the REAL motive was LOVE. As the brother was reading that, I KNEW that it was UTTER AND COMPLETE BS.

Then I stayed in for something like 18 years. I'm not sure a single lie is enough for everyone. It has to be a lie that one takes personally, maybe. Like when the elders told me that their dumbass decisions were Jesus Christ's decisions because they are the stars in his right hand according to Revelation and that I have a problem with pride for questioning them.

• wobble
    wobble

You are right that it only takes one thing to start their whole miserable house of cards come tumbling down.

What often brings down a house of cards, no matter how you protect it from draughts, or people brushing against it, is that last card that is just too much in an engineering sense for the structure to bear.

In my case it was when the G.B blatantly elevated themselves above Christ. I cannot now recall the exact statement, but it must have been in 2007 that I noticed it, it may have been published some time before.

I think that one card is different for everybody, and they have to have the ability to think, most Dubs do not. having had the ability surgically removed by the G.B.

What amazed me was, after being in for 58 years, how quickly the WHOLE thing fell apart !

I don't think we have a very easy job if we try and identify which card would work for each individual, but we can try to give a few blasts of air that make the house of cards very unstable, they alone can place that last card and watch it tumble.

Wobble

• blondie
    blondie

That the WTS did not CONSISTENTLY teach that Christ's presence began in 1914 but rather for 30 years until 1929 taught it was 1874. Main Entry: con·sis·tent-- 2 a: marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity :free from variation or contradiction <a consistent style in painting> b: marked by agreement : compatible —usually used with with <statements not consistent with the truth.

*** w93 1/15 p. 5 ‘Caught Away to Meet the Lord’—How? ***The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus’ presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914. Events since that year testify to Jesus’ invisible presence. (Matthew 24:3-14)

That Christ returned in 1874 was official doctrine until 1930. Note:

...the Bridegroom came in the Autumn of 1874, and he appeared to the eyes of faith-seen by the light of the lamp-the Word.
    (Zion’s Watch Tower Reprints October/November 1881 p. 289)

Our Lord’s presence as Bridegroom and Reaper was recognized during the first three and a half years, from A.D. 1874 to A.D. 1878. Since that time it has been emphatically manifest that the time had come in A.D. 1878 when kingly judgment should begin at the house of God.
    (Studies in the Scriptures Vol. II 1889 p. 239)

…he [Jesus] would in reality assume the kingly office, power, etc.; viz., in the spring of 1878, three and a half years after his second advent at the beginning of the harvest period, in the fall of 1874.
    (Studies in the Scriptures Volume III 1891 p. 234)

Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present since October 1874, A.D., according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it: and the formal inauguration of his kingly office dates from April 1878, A.D.
    (Studies in Scriptures Vol. IV 1897 p. 621)

Pastor Russell...believed and taught that we are living in the time of the second presence of our Lord, and that his presence dates from 1874...
    (WT December 1, 1916 p. 5998)

Fall 1874 A.D. Second Advent of the Lord
    (The Finished Mystery 1917 p. 60)

Some of the Scriptures, which, when understood in their connections and significance, prove that the Lord’s Second Advent occurred in the Fall of 1874 are as follows:
    [A list of 88 interpretations followed]
    …and these are but 88 of the proofs hastily collected.
    (The Finished Mystery 1917 pp. 68, 71)

The time of the Lord’s second presence dates from 1874...
    (The Harp of God 1921 p. 231)

The Scriptures show that the second presence (of the Lord) was due in 1874... This proof shows that the Lord has been present since 1874...
    (WT March 1, 1923 p. 67)

Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt that in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus Christ is present and has been since 1874.
    (WT January 1, 1924 p. 5)

The second coming of the Lord therefore began in 1874...
    (Creation 1927 pp. 289, 291, 297, 298, 318)

The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.
    (Prophecy 1929 p. 65)

From 1874 onward is the time of the Lord’s second presence, as above stated…
    This circumstantial evidence fulfilling prophecy is what constitutes the physical facts, and is proof corroborative of the Lord’s presence since 1874…
    His presence beginning in 1874, he has carried on his harvest work from 1874 forward…
    (Our Lord’s Return 1929 pp. 27, 33, 37)

• dissed
    dissed

My wife said her true awakening, that they will lie at the highest levels, happened with the COC book.

We were told by someone at the Service Desk, who had ALL the inside knowledge of Franz, lots of lies of what he believed, why he was DF'd, that he was starting a new religion, that he was upset that he would not be the next WT President, that the book taught the Trinity, Hellfire, that he wanted to be worshipped like Satan, etc...

When all the book really did was give a documentary look into the Governing Body's thinking and decision processes.

Why the blatant lies? That's obvious. They don't want people to know the real truth and the conclusion you would come to. Jehovah's Holy Spirit is not guiding them. Its all a ruse.

A strong JW for many years, my wife, after that, quickly saw through all the spin, and can't believe she was such a victim of the WT.

• designs
    designs

Vicarious Christi....................

Seems to be the plight of some folks to feel the need to be god blessed special...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The lies of the WTS. have gathered men only for those men also to continue the postulation of further lies.

Back in 1975 I was taken back to all what the WTS. had been saying in the previous years up that year,

later on realizing its impossible to accurately count back 6000 years to the creation of Adam, in other words it

was all decisive fabrication.

Unfortunately the people in my congregation wasn't aware of this, the hook was set in their brains,

pushing even some youths to commit suicide.

The WTS. was no longer to be trusted.

The only factual Truth about the WTS. is that they are there to manipulate the bible and the people who believe in the bible

to postulate that THEY are the only true voice of god here on earth, therefore their writings and published literature

are divinely inspired. What better structure for a publishing company to hold over themselves.

• White Dove
    White Dove

MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL (not may) NEVER DIEEEEEE!!!

I was baptized under that belief. I no longer count my baptism as valid because of the many changed teachings. I've had too many faithful to the death loved ones, well, die since then.

I wonder if some Catholics felt the same when Vatican II was established.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

The claim that they are somehow God's/Jesus's one and only channel to humans on Earth, even though they clearly have no evidence to prove this even to themselves. Much less to anyone else.

They don't even have the sack to claim they receive visions from the divine or have any obvious evidence that there is such a line of communication. Just just sort of decided it must be true without any reason whatsoever. There's not even a fax machine in their office that has "News from God" labeled on it...preferably one that isn't even plugged into a phone outlet BTW (Cue scary twilight zone music.) though even one that is plugged in would be something. They just kinda wake up one day and decide--out of no where--that Jesus is feeding them the big answers. And that everyone should listen to them or else. They don't even seem to know how Jesus is feeding them the answers. Apparently, Jesus isn't answering that one.

If that were true at all, how could they keep making so many mistakes and making so many changes? Is Jesus's phone line screwed up or something? None of that even makes sense.

Then, to tell millions of people that they should all listen to the Body's religious assertions--that JWs should pretend that the Body's claims are from God, but he has the volume turned so low that they hear it wrong a lot of the time or something (??)--well, that does take sack. Wow.

IsaacJ

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

After my disfellowshipping, I was pretty upset at the elders who made the decision and that my mom - even though she disagreed with it - stood by it. So I was ranting and raving to my sister one day (who's been out of the borg for a long time) and I mentioned that they keep changing the rules and used organ transplants as the example. She didn't know that there had been a change in that and was really shocked that they did a complete 180. The look on her face made me look deeper into what else was wrong and what other things I had believed might not stand up to scrutiny. That led to jwfacts.com and the rest is history. Up until that point, even though I was df'd, I still believed they had the 'truth'.

You're absolutely right, sometimes all it takes is one flash and it all crumbles but the person has to have a reason to see the flash. If their blinders are firmly in place, they won't see it even though it's as plain as day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit