No more ordering X amount of Watchtowers per publisher at the book room.

by truthseekeriam 13 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

So if they cut down on the mags and there may be shortages you mean they could be stuck with just using a Bible?!! how's that gonna work out for them?

• cantleave
    cantleave

They are welcome to distribute my massive stockpile of uncollected mags to the rest of the congregation. I ain't ever going to set foot in there again.

• metatron
    metatron

So, what's the eventual outcome of this? More and more publishers who contribute less and less. How do they manage this? What do they do with 7 million passive aggressive slackers?

metatron

• undercover
    undercover
    I guess they finally figured out that most JWs keep a MASSIVE pile of Watchtower and Awake! magazines at home.
    Too many ordered... hardly any every placed... so they just pile up and end up being thrown in the trash.

Which wasn't a problem, it was a good thing...back when you had to pay for them. That's how they made money.

Then they tried the ole DDD...double dip donation arrangement which failed miserably... (haha, counting on dubs to be honest, they shoulda known better)

So now they're printing vast quantities of magazines that no one is paying for. So they have to change their operational procedures.

I commented on the other thread on the same subject that the WT corporation is moving from being a publishing company to a real estate holding corporation. There's no money in the magazines and books anymore. A normal publishing empire would just stop publishing the periodicals that weren't making money but the WTS can't come out and admit that the WT magazine was all about money...the WT is God's magazine...it's how he communicates with his people. Can't cut that channel off. Even die-hard dubs would question that.

So they have to keep publishing the crap that most people, dubs even, never read just to keep appearances, but they have to change the distribution method and hope that the publishing numbers drop cutting costs and losses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit