No more ordering X amount of Watchtowers per publisher at the book room.

by truthseekeriam 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I was listening in last night and heard a special letter being read.

The speaker was so excited reading it. It basically said that from now on they will leave a stack of watchtowers on the counter at the KH and each publisher should take what they need for the week and bring back the ones they didn't use. If they run out they should use their old copies they have at home.... effective immediately.

Anyways I though I would share. Not sure if anyone mentioned it already, but they all seemed extra excited about it.

• blondie
  • Think About It
    Think About It

So much for that one posters plan to bring down the WTS by over-ordering literature and throwing it away.

Think About It

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I just got back from a meeting and the magazines are all stacked up on the counters... it hasn't been going down either and it's been back there for the last 2 weeks... all I see is... BONFIRE MATERIAL!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The Watchtower wants them back so they can collect the money for sending them in for paper recycling!

Probably get more back than in 'donations'...

oz

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am sure they want to reduce the total numbers. They will start deciding how many to give a congregation to more closely match "placements." They have to include enough mags for everyone to have their copy, but I can see that end soon and each family will share them.

It's a variation on another expected step, but it's taken less time to get to than expected. They know the money is not coming in for mags. Expect Awake to die off entirely soon and then Watchtower in the future.

You can still "bring down the Watchtower" by taking way too many of the mags off the counter and letting the pioneers complain about the shortage.

It's really a pleasure to start seeing that "active publishers" and pioneers are becoming such a financial burden on the dubs. The lawyers must really be telling them they cannot pressure the members to donate more money for the mags or else they would be doing that. Maybe they will strongarm the elders to commit to a standard donation to WTS for the literature worldwide work then they can read off all the deficits at the Hall.

• sweet
    sweet

im thinking the reason why they are doing this is because everyone who has internet access can now download the copies themselves from the official site

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I agree with you on that sweet. I have thought that they are working toward having pubs download mags for personal use and only print those needed for the d2d work. Looks like one step closer with this change. I agree with OTWO that Awake has been on the chopping block for some time - it could easily be reduced to a 'quarterly' issue to start. Then eventually they eliminate it, and perhaps reduce the Watchtower to 'quarterly' perhaps.

The move to change the frequency and the public/publisher version of the Watchtower is all leading up to the eventual elimination of them both IMO, though I suspect we are a few years from that likely.

I imagine that the public is not too interested in reading religious periodicals delivered by cult members these days.

Jeff

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now I have an even better idea to waste the littera-trash. If the apostates hog them all and then invest in a good shredder to shred them all, there will be none left for the pio-sneers to place in field circus. Then, they will either have to waste more money in bumping up the order to have those rags shredded too, or they will face shortages in the territory.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I guess they finally figured out that most JWs keep a MASSIVE pile of Watchtower and Awake! magazines at home.

Too many ordered... hardly any every placed... so they just pile up and end up being thrown in the trash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit