Do you remember the moment that you stopped believing that it was "The Truth"?

by freeflyingfaerie 43 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

How, Sylvia - on Society orders?

• OnTheWayOut
  • Is this it?
    Is this it?

If I am honest with myself I felt 'burnt out' for a long time. I began to resent 'the truth' and wonder why a god would make it such a chore and burden. But of course if you are doing things right then it shouldn't be burdensome!! (or so I was told at the meetings)

But I remember the thing that did it for me was discovering 607 was pure WT fiction. I had had no reason to question this and was totally unaware that this date was ever unsubstantiated. Reading 'GT Reconsidered confirmed' things for me. I felt sick and this was the beginning of the end for me.

It is just so frustrating that my parents just don't see the facts, even after my father read the book. They still have their JW goggles on. Will just keep chipping away. Although this is having the opposite effect on my mum. She thanked me for strengthening her faith. My questions have prompted her to draw ever closer to Jehovah the borg.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

I totally feel your experiences. The comment about outgrowing the religion I relate to completely. When you step back for a moment and take a breather from the constant borage of brainwashing and let your own inner voice become louder than the WT, the big cult picture becomes more and more clear.

After that summer rendezvous it still took about 6 months of having a new skeptical outlook and becoming "spiritually weak" before I went to my very last meeting. There was alot to absorb when it clicked that I had lost my desire to bond to the mothership any longer. Thanks for your expressions. Its good not to feel alone in this.

Faerie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit