In view of the short time left ....

by wannabefree 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

*** w69 5/15 p. 312 Have You Been Studying for Six Months? ***

In view of the short time left in which to do their work, Jehovah's witnesses do not continue to study the Bible with any who fail to respond to its

urgent message within six months. The nearness of this system's end compels them to use their time in the most effective way possible. So they

feel obligated to spend their time calling on someone else who might respond by attending meetings at the Kingdom Hall and by speaking to

others about the Bible truths learned. Thus it may be that if you have not as yet responded by even becoming a regular attender at some of the

congregation meetings, the one who is studying the Bible with you may cancel that study arrangement in order to give his time to someone else.

This arrangement is not meant to be harsh, but the urgency of the times in which we live demands it. There are millions of persons who need

spiritual help and God's servants want to reach all they possibly can.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I was looking for the article that advised against secular education and found that one ... hmmm, 41 years later, I guess they had time to wait on those students after all.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah thank God they cut those studies off after 6 months!

41 years (and counting) is way too short a time to be piddling around!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The established urgency that was created decades perhaps even a century ago acted

as a lock to keep people enslaved to the corporation, buying and selling their products.

This mind manipulation continues to this day unfortunately, t hats just how some religions operate.

True spirituality costs so pay up or else.

By the way if I don't receive a million dollars by this Sunday,

God is going to call me home.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Yeah thank God they cut those studies off after 6 months!

I'm sure the ones they studied with thank God every day.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Great find. I guess The End isn't as close as it once was...

• bennyk
    bennyk

Perhaps you had this in mind (?):

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling.

(Awake! 22. May 1969, p.15)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody hell - 41 years later the end must be so close if someone doesn't respond after 6 minutes of studying they should be shot, to ensure they don't waste any more loyal publishers time.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

bennyk: That one is a gem too, I was looking at Leolaia's comment with an image of a collage about 1975 stuff and it had one similar to the 1969 Awake that you quote, perhaps it was from a KM that is no longer on Watchtower Library.

• man in black
    man in black

That's gold wannabefree, pure gold !

thanks for posting.

bania

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit