In view of the short time left ....

by wannabefree 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Wasn't there a Jehovah's Witness crewman on Star Trek: The Next Generation? In the 24th Century, Bible study time had been reduced to a week. If no progress was made, well, it was the person's own fault. By that time the end will really be near...as in really!

My old economics professor said if you keep predicting doom long enough, eventually you'll be right.

If, after all this time, the end comes, the JWs will say, "See, we told you!"

Why do they think God is taking so much time to draw everything to a close? Maybe it's an "invisible" end.... It's happened. We just can't see it. If it worked for the Catholics and transubstantiation and the return of Jesus in 1914 with the Witnesses, it might just work for the end.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is an eye opening observation....

The first call for avoiding higher education was 1941 (aimed at high schoolers age 17/18).....

That original demographic is now approaching 86/87 .....

Those born in 1941 are now 69 (or will be by years end) and have been receiving social security for 3 years.....

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Remember that they brought this back in the mid-late 90's, after the release of the knowledge book in 1996. I have a special talk where the brother mentions it actually. After a couple of years, they gave up on it. This was right around the time I went to pioneer school, so i remember it clearly.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This crap has been going on since the 1840s. During that time, numerous end-time cults emerged. There was an argument about which was right, and someone came up around 1872 and said that it was 1874. That was what was to eventually spawn the Jehovah's Witless movement, of course with repeated changes of dates.

Now, moving up to 1969. They were warning that the end was coming in 1975, and that they only had 6 months to study and get baptized so they could get as many into the cancer as possible before 1975. Which would have been wise if the end was in fact in 1975, because they had to reach the whole population (also, assuming that people would be judged adversely even if they didn't hear the word--otherwise, why not just judge everyone fairly in 1975 and let people live their own lives). However, 1975 is long gone--35 years ago. And, since that day, the Internet has been assembled--so, if it is that urgent, they could reach most people with a AOL post.

• Hadit
    Hadit

And now we put the sunglasses on:

In view of the short time left in which to do their work, our highly refined mind controlled slaves do not continue to study the Watchtower publications with any who fail to respond to its urgent message of death and destruction within six months. The nearness of this system's end compels them to use their time in the most effective way possible. So we make them feel obligated by inciting fear of death and shunning to spend their time hounding someone else who might respond by giving of their funds freely and generously and attending indoctrination sessions at the Kingdom Hall and by speaking to others about the Bible truths as we interpret and twist them to be. Thus it may be that if you have not as yet succumbed to our mind control methods by even becoming a regular zombie at some of the congregation indoctrination meetings, the one who is studying the Watchtower publications with you may cancel that personalized indoctrination arrangement in order to give his time to someone who will yield to our control and make us more rich.

This arrangement is not meant to be harsh just fear inspiring, but the urgency of filling up our bank accounts and amassing more power demands it. There are millions of persons who need spiritual help and the Watchtower’s mind controlled servants are programmed to reach all they possibly can or they and their children will be massacred and become fertilizer - and we will have to clean up their bones after the birds have finished with them.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I still think armageddon came invisibly in 1975 and we're now in the 1000 year millennial 'rain' (its reigning bullshit). Jebus won't kill off you evil bastards till 2975...

• nelly136
    nelly136

i can remember my parents studying on and off with someone for years, no progress was made past getting them to the occassional meeting,

if i said to her tomorow that armageddons coming soon she'd say .....'yeah i was told that over 40 years ago' and its still not here.

although they want to boost numbers they also dont want the jws exposed to those dirty worldy people too long and wasting time getting attached if theres going to be no end baptism result.

if the study goes on for years and years it kills any any urgency because armageddon is perpetually still as close now as it was then.

all promises but no results.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Another "In view of the short time left ..... "

Our Kingdom Ministry - September 1968, page 3, paragraph 1

HOW thrilled we all were when the speaker at our recent district assembly announced the release of the striking new book The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life! In view of the short time left before this system of things ends, it is just the teaching aid we need to help honest- hearted persons learn quickly the lifesaving truths of the Bible.

• steve2
    steve2
    HOW thrilled we all were when the speaker at our recent district assembly announced the release of the striking new book The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life! In view of the short time left before this system of things ends, it is just the teaching aid we need to help honest- hearted persons learn quickly the lifesaving truths of the Bible.

I remember this passage so well. My dear JW mother used this passage after the meeting itself where it was discussed in 1968. She said very clearly that she could not support my desire to continue my education beyond High School in order to become a journalist. She was/is a lovely woman but she was adamant that the end was so very near, so what would I want to be a journalist for?

Well, as a basically good kid, I followed her strong "advice" and never pursued a career - that is, not until I was in my mid-30s at which time I went to university and this year marks my 12th as a registered clinical psychologist. I continue to have a wonderful relationship with my mother; she's certainly chilled-out over the years, even attending my graduation with my PhD in 2001. My how time flies when you're waiting for the world to end...

• clarity
    clarity

Wannabefree,

"HOW thrilled we all were when the speaker at our recent district assembly announced the release of the striking new book The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life! In view of the short time left before this system of things ends, it is just the teaching aid we need to help honest- hearted persons learn quickly the lifesaving truths of the Bible."

....................................................................................

After years of trying to get my father to be interested, my mother finally talked him into going to this assembly..... his first time and the last time!! Seems the idiot speaker was very disrespectful of any new ones who were not convinced after 6 mths study in the "truth book". "Can't waste our time brothers"!

He never ever went a step farther. Good for you Dad...where ever you are.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit