I had a nightmare…what does it mean?

by tjlibre 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Nope. NVL. You're wrong this time. The lack of hummus was not involved in this dream. A little birdie told me so.

You can't trust birds. That bird WANT the chickpeas whole so it could steal them. come on man, this is basic bird thievery knowledge.

• nelly136
    nelly136

from complete book of dreams and dreaming by Pamela j Ball

prison,

1)in dreams stands for the traps we create for ourselves, we may feel that outside circumstances are making our life difficult, but in actual fact we are creating those circumstances ourselves.This can be on an emotional, material or spiritual level.

2)Often we create a prison for ourselves through a sense of duty or guilt and this is often shown in dreams. The types of locks or bolts we perceive in our prison mayshow how we're imprisoning ourselves. For example a lock with a key would suggest we know how to escape, whereas a bolt shows we would have to make a greater effort. A barred window would suggest we are being prevented from using that which is external to us.

3)Duty and guilt are opposite sides of the same coin in a spiritual sense. Duty can be a liability and therefore a trap, and guilt can prevent us from seeing a way forward. Often when we feel trapped either by duty or guilt we will dream of a prison

• nelly136
    nelly136

same book,

demolition

1) depends on the circumstances in the dream whether demolition highlights major changes in the dreamer's life, or a self inflicted trauma.

if we are carrying out the demolition we need to be in control but if someone else is in charge we may feel powerless in the face of change

2)we may be conscious of a build up of emotional energy within ourselves which can only be handled by a complete breakdown of old attitudes and approaches.

3 fanaticism and anarchy ( a need to breakdown an old order) can be demonstrated in a dream

there was a distinct lack of hippo in the animal list, but whales...mammal that lives within water indicates the power of resurrection and rebirth

horse....hippo greek for water horse? energy the dreamer has at their disposal

a horse that can batter down doors and obstacles...those aspects of the personality which most people try to suppress,

so mixing them up together maybe your met your inner strength?

as for the turtle....think that was the chickpeas

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Thank you for your insightful and funny comments.

Journey-on : I think that you are on to something. If I get away with not getting DF/DA, most likely I’ll still be around the JW for a little while, but I know that it will be a matter of time before I face straight on confrontation with the WT or the Elders.

I’ll keep looking for answers in the chickpeas, next time I’ll add more jalapeño cheese to the hummus; then top it with ice cream. Maybe all the compressed gas will be strong enough to kill the monkey and the hippo.

• peaches
    peaches

it means you have not been to the meetings and have turned in NO service time....its the DEMONS.....its all about the DEMONS!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello TJ,

I got a similar interpretation to J.O.

I dreamed that I was unjustly put in jail and facing deportation (but the thing is that I’m a naturalized US citizen, which means that technically I can’t be deported to my country of birth).

I take it you are a "born in" second (or more) generation JW?

I dreamed that I was unjustly put in jail and facing deportation

I think the term is "marked" right? Deportation is DF for sure.

In the dream, my wife visited me and at times stayed with me in my jail cell.

Looks like your wife won't face the same thing but she will support you to a degree.

I was allowed to move about the prison yard, but was restrained from fully enjoying many of the activities that I usually like to do, like reading books.

You will loose "privileges" due to the proceedings against you.

From my jail cell window, I was able to have a small view of the city streets. There was a parade on the city street in which they had a huge hippopotamus, this hippopotamus got out of control and very angry and it grew to a size of a five story building.

Looks like you won't get to go out on field service, the streets and parade symbolises this. The hippo is probably an elder, lumbering from door to door but grows supernaturally in the rage.

The hippopotamus head/face changed to that of a turtle. I was scared…but thankful that I was in the jail cell as it provided protection from the charging “monster”. But that sense of security was lost at the moment that the monster looked at me right in the eye…it charged at my jail cell, I felt that I was being crushed by this animal…but then I woke up, thankful that it was just a nightmare.

I assume an elder will have it in for you. The "cell" you are in provides no protection.

Hope that helps.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Robdar
    Robdar

I believe your brain took the immigration reform in AZ to a new level and ran with it. Since you are a naturalized citizen, you might be subconsciously empathizing with the illegal immigrants. You might also be glad that what could happen to them will hopefully not happen to you. The charging hippo represents an angry mob of people with intent to cause harm. Throw in stories from history about the concentration camps and WA-LAH you have a nightmare.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I'd be only be concerned if the hippo in your dream had feet made of clay or you saw seven thin Hippos eating seven fat ones. Oherwise I'm sure your dream isn't the fulfillment of anything significant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit