I had a nightmare…what does it mean?

by tjlibre 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

I had a very vivid dream last night that I would like to share it with you. I wonder if any of you have had the same type of dream. I believe that dreams are used by “subconscious mind” to communicate with the “conscious mind”, so I’m sure that this dream has a meaning.

Here it goes….

I dreamed that I was unjustly put in jail and facing deportation (but the thing is that I’m a naturalized US citizen, which means that technically I can’t be deported to my country of birth). In the dream, my wife visited me and at times stayed with me in my jail cell. I was allowed to move about the prison yard, but was restrained from fully enjoying many of the activities that I usually like to do, like reading books. From my jail cell window, I was able to have a small view of the city streets. There was a parade on the city street in which they had a huge hippopotamus, this hippopotamus got out of control and very angry and it grew to a size of a five story building. The hippopotamus head/face changed to that of a turtle. I was scared…but thankful that I was in the jail cell as it provided protection from the charging “monster”. But that sense of security was lost at the moment that the monster looked at me right in the eye…it charged at my jail cell, I felt that I was being crushed by this animal…but then I woke up, thankful that it was just a nightmare.

I’ll appreciate your thoughts and comments on this dream…I feel like talking about it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Prison = being a JW

Hippo/Turtle/parade = the Internet/JWN juggernaut that helps bust you out of prison

That's all I've got.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It means that you had a bad dream. They happen sometimes, just like good dreams and dreams that are neither good nor bad.

• highdose
    highdose

hmm enforced protection, monsters coming to get you, protection no good at all in the end? Perhaps your afraid of some distarter?

Maybe it was the night of nightmares? I had 2! One of them somebody was trying to kill me, i woke up punching and kicking the bed clothes!

• snowbird
    snowbird

What did you eat before retiring?

Sylvia

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mr. Flipper is good at interpreting dreams. Jail has to be the JWs. I think the hippo in your dream is a deranged Elder. What movies have you watched lately?

Yeah... I have less than Mad Sweeney.

• highdose
    highdose

cheese? yes me too

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Mad: Yup. I had a feeling that’s what the “jail” means.

highdose: monster= elder = WT henchman. makes sense.

Sylvia: I had chickpeas with brown rice.

I watched a documentary on MLK assassination and read a portion of Steve Hassan’s “cult mind control” before going to bed.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Chickpeas ... hmmm.

Let me study on that.

Sylvia

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Greetings all...our Lord has seen fit to bless me with the meaning of this dream in a vision I downloaded from iTunes...

soon i discovered that this rock thing was true
    jerry lee lewis was the devil
    jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
    all of a sudden, i found myself in love with the world
    so there was only one thing that i could do
    was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit