Anyone look at this board while still an IN and ACTIVE JW?

by Mad Sweeney 32 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

When the crystal house of Jehovah's Witnesses cracks ( after coming here for the first time), it ends up exploding before you know it. I was long out when I stumbled in here and I am not sure what google search brought me here, either. It's been like the fire hardening the edge of a sword during the past five years here.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Yes but I was scarred out of my mind. But I just could not leave it alone. The first assembly I went to after finding this board all I could think of was getting home to read more here. The first thing I did when I walked in my door was to go right to the computer and get on this sight. This sight is just amazing in how helpful it is.

• upnorth
    upnorth

I've known in my messed up little mind that some place like this must exists.

I never looked for it.

A couple months ago I was searching for something and noticed this place, it caught my attention immediately.

Had I had access to a place like this in 1970's I probably would have refused to look at it.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

"I guess technically I'm still "in" and the elders still consider me "active" although I've been doing the fake hours on the reports for the last 3 months! I'm still attending the meetings, although it doesn't take much for me to not go. I actually study any of the literature with a much more critical eye looking for changes to doctrine and any mind-control tactics being used."

Me too! I'm still in because of my brainwashed wife. I go to meetings to track what she is being feed and frankly to enjoy the BS. Yes, my morbid sense of humor causes me to actually enjoy watching the mind twisting that is going on. Yet I feel so sorry for all the victims, including my wife. It is hard to fake everything but so far it's working. I am of the Conscious Class. I believe the WT is in real trouble with everyone using the internet. No one can escape the forums and news that's out there. They are no match.

HQ

• yknot
    yknot

Raises hand.....

I am 'in' and 'active'....

I accidently clicked onto JWD....instead of WT.org.

Had no intent or thought whatsoever of leaving the WTS.....I was 'waiting on Jah' and kept my issues to myself, assumed my congo was an isolated incident. I was the most UBER-reformist you would have ever met... I was at the time one of the people sent for recon missions to get inactive but still believing ones to return for the CO, Memorial, SP, DC.......

Terry's comments on his experiences reeled me in.......

Yall woke me up all by sheer happenstance.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Still 'in' and 'active'. I'm planning on resigning as a MS really soon.

I had let my wife know I began doing "research." This site was where I was researching the most. She wasn't too excited and it made me feel bad so I stopped for a few months. But I couldn't deny how I felt inside. So I lurked here for a few months and finally joined.

I had the initial scared feeling of being here, but it didn't take long to ware off when I realized I wasn't the only one with doubts and concerns. Thank you to everyone here! This is how I keep my sanity while 'in'!! Therapy at its best. And it's free!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

CoC you have a PM

• lrkr
    lrkr

This website (and Randy Waters website) were extremely valuable to me when I was an active elder. Reading what you evil apostates had to say (late at night and with trembling hands) helped me clear my mind. It took over a year- but when I left- I left for good. I have been free for over 3 years now and I owe a great deal of gratitude to Simon and the posters on this board.

Short answer- yes- I went on this website when I was active.

• 2pink
    2pink

isn't it amazing how many of us stumbled here by accident and had the same initial response to being here? i found this place accidentally too, and remember being terrified reading what i was reading, but not being able to stop.

i found this place when i was at a crossroads...to be or not to be a JW. this place helped tip the scales and i'm thankful everyday.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I left in 2002 & only started looking at these sort of sites last year, after I starting asking myself should I return to JW life, my head told me to do some research first && here I am.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit