Anyone look at this board while still an IN and ACTIVE JW?

by Mad Sweeney 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I vaguely remember looking at this board a few years ago, before I ever considered leaving the Borg, and being appalled at the evil and hateful attitudes I saw here and scared to death of reading any further.

Now I go back through years and years of posts and there is no evil or hate there at all. It's one of the most kind and welcoming boards I've encountered since the invention of the Internet.

THAT is how well Borg indoctrination works. It is eerily like 1984. Black is white. Freedom is slavery. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Anyone else remember coming here while still a full-blown Dub? Whether intentionally or via a google search or some other means?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I would never have dreamed of it. It took me 2 years of being out before I would even look up anything online. I didn't want to be one of those 'apostate' people.

• cult classic
    cult classic

We are out over a year before we started reading anything "apostate". I wish I had stumbled across the board before we left. It would have taken the edge off of our leaving

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I would never touch anything even hinting of apostacy.

I exited still a believer, and would still defend the JW's.

Completely by accident I stumbled on the silentlambs website, I read story after story that sounded just like mine.

I had been sexually assaulted by my step dad, the elders did jack shit, and told me never to speak of it again, they never once checked up on me after sending me back home with my stepdad.

I had convinced myself that mine was an isolated incident, I had fallen through the cracks, perfect org run by imperfect men blah blah blah

But then I read all those storys, I came to realize that the elders had handled my case strictly by the societys rules, the society treated all sex abuse victims that way, ALL of them.

Their rules didn't apply to me any more, I read what I damn well wanted to, and thats how I found this site.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

To clarify what happened to me, I didn't seek out this site or apostate info. I was probably googling something and stumbled on to it. At first blush it does seem like it might be a pro-JW site, so I clicked the link (don't even remember what the topic was) and read a bit. Browsed a bit more, then ran like hell!!!

• Odrade
    Odrade

My husband was reading here before we left. The day I made the decision to quit, he showed me the site.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I don't think I ever came here. I would have been terrified of anything apostate. If I did stumble upon it, I'm sure I quickly exited.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Yes, I am still in and just about active. This is due to family committments that I cannot afford to just walk away from. I am not prepared to 'cut off my nose to spite my face'! I am in my 60's and born in so another year or two planning my exit is no big deal. I found this and other sites a couple of years ago while looking something up. My eyes were opened wide by what I found about the history of JW's in general and Russell and Rutherford in particular. I only wish the internet had been around 40 odd years ago.

George

• zoiks
    zoiks

I did, and it scared me too! I got angry at all of these apostates who dared to claim that they needed 'support' after leaving the Org.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Yes, for about two weeks and I was gone. It was a vital part of my coming to my senses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit